Modified the orange-ish color with a different placeholder for mountains. Also, the dark green areas represent places where forests will be, except for the one at (22) which represents the marshes. Both paths and forests are temporary and incomplete.Originally Posted by myself
Numbers were also edited accordingly:
1. Main port town. A busy place and the largest settlement of the humans living there.
2. A mostly barren, deforested area where the main lumber camp will be.
3. The Inn, strategically placed there hehe.
4. The Pass into the mining colony.
5. Main human town within the mining colony itself.
6. Secondary, smaller human camp. Some of the mines themselves are nearby at (9).
7. A hidden path that leads up in the mountains towards ( 8 )
8. Home of a wizard/family of wizards. Don't have many details on this point yet except that the hidden path leads to a plateau.
9. A couple of mines, currently exploited by the humans.
10. A lake. Well, more than that but I won't spoil it yet.
11. The remains of a former castle, the surrounding buildings and walls.
12. More mines. Perhaps exploited by orcs, with their own camp? Or is the orc idea already too used?
13. ??? (Thank you for the suggestion but I moved the lumber camp to (2); it fits in my storyline better.
14. This island remains the home of the "city of the gods". Well, what's left of it anyway. Most historical/religious quests will be based on the discoveries there.
15. ??? (As suggested, it will be a man-made place. A building, perhaps even a smaller town built here because of the height of the place.
16. ??? (Perhaps home to a creature, as suggested, perhaps something else.)
17. Part of this island will be used by pirates to hide their loot or even their existence, as suggested.
18. The lighthouse area. Mostly green lands. Perhaps some farms between the city and the lighthouse itself.
19. This formation of islands are home to a humanoid cult practicing dark magic. The nearby coast is not only dangerous because of the amount of rocks in water, but also because of the interference of this cult in the natural water currents.
21. A thick forest, hiding a later passage towards a different part of the island (unexplored yet).
22. The marshes.
23. ??? (Probably a hermit, herbalist.. judging by the vast amount and variety of herbs in the swamp.
24. The gloomy forest. There have been reports of lights at night. Or odd sounds, some might even say music.
25. A complex system of caves leading both in the underground as well as somewhere in the heart of the mountains.
All sorts of comments welcomed!
Got rid of that small river up there, I'm thinking of adding one starting from the (11) area that finishes into a lake around the (10) area.