Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: WIP - Satellite style

Quote Originally Posted by Naina View Post
    Yeah, that's been bothering me too. What I really want is to get the rivers to have a 'cutting' effect, like they've been carving the ground away. Do you think I can have enough control (using GIMP) to achieve that effect, or should I toss this river scheme all together and completely redraw them?
    I think Sigurd was referring to how the rivers seem to flow both up and down hill over the land contours.....

(wait for it...)

(man, that never gets stale...)

It would definitely help to have the rivers embossed into the terrain. And were less jaggy. Assuming you are using a mouse and not a tablet, I'd suggest making paths for rivers then stroking them with the paint tool. You can create tapered strokes by enabling brush dynamics, or control the thinning better using my script. There is a little tut here.

-Rob A>

Wip

I've completely reworked the rivers in this version, trying to follow my own contour lines. It's not often one specifically requests the river police, but I'll try to flag one down to see if I've gotten it more right. Also tried to blend in my estuaries so they look more natural.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Atlas attempt.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	15083  

You seem to have some rivers starting on flat terrain. Most rivers tend to start in the mountains and they empty into the oceans.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12