Thread: Greetings

Post Greetings

Hello Everyone! I've been lurking here for a little while. I've always been interested in maps, but never had the artistic skill or time. I played a little bit with CC3, but they look felt way too corny for me. I eventually came across ZombieNirvana, and have been slowly educating myself and playing around. I'm currently working on my first real map, my "glorified test" which you can see here. Please take a look and comment. A much longer post is there. So hello again, and thanks in advance for the welcomes!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome to the guild.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Welcome Silvonus.

I can understand what you are getting at when you talked about CC3... but if you master the software you can create some pretty unique looking maps. Still, you certainly have a point.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Welcome to the Guild.

CC3, Corny? Some of the styles, i guess, but myself? I use nothing but, and I believe I have made some pretty damn fine maps!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Thank you all for the welcomes! And I don't mean to be hating on CC3 or anything like that . I never spent that much time with it, so I really don't know it that well. But I just couldn't get the look that I wanted with it.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected DethinBlack's Avatar

Welcome Silvonus. I got my start on ZN as well. Those were some very good tutorials, and started getting me used to Photoshop. Its a really good resource, and I see you have made great use of it as well. Your map looks really good.