Thread: Lands of the Ghäéls

Belgium - Lands of chocolate and the Marsupilami

Post Lands of the Ghäéls

This map is a detailled part of Brannaegh.

While the entire map of Brannaegh is hanged on the wall of our gaming room, this map is given to the players to show some detailled regions.

In this case, Khelteirenn, Ghäelenda, Heartlingenn and Gwenaerigh are four realms similar to the Ancient Celts. Their civilisation are proud and wild, standing and facing front to the bitterness of existence and fighting against the beastmen from the Forlorn Lands (Terres Abandonées) and against the demons roaming in the nothern Elvish Old Fallen Empire (Ancien Empire Elfique).

In the center of the map stands the Dwarven Realm of the High Claws (les Hautes Griffes) wich borders the Old Fallen Empire.
    As you see, runic alphabet is used to name the dwarven cities. The Dwarvish names are white undersored by the French translation of the Dwarven terms. This to give a sound of "Axe and beard" to this place.

On the Western shores stands two places.
    First, the Dusk Moor (les Marais du Crépuscule) populated by lizardmen tribes living in old ruins. Rumors claims that a great dragon king belonging Evil and Draconian cleric power unified and rules all of them.
    Second, the Lycan Lands (les Terres Lycanes) consists in a dark forest housing tribes of Wolfmen. These lycanthropic civilisation venerates the power of the full moon, howling and dancing under the stars while the silver mother runs high in the night sky.
    On the eastern side of the map, the Low Lands (les Basses Terres) is a wet wilderness land wich becomes a salty bog as the sea overflows and the Mourn Lands (les Terres Grinches) a savage land covered by a giant thronlike vegetation wich becomes a dryed land in his nothern part (not showed on the map).

As you can see, people in this part of Brannaegh hold many adventures opportunities. Danger and fame are everywhere, on the very next step.

To conclude this post, just a few words about the technic :
    The area is 1600 km from East to West and 1200 from North to South.
    Only the cities were named. The purpose is to give the more informations while avoïding overloading effect.

Hoping you like it.

Critics and comments welcomed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Carte 3000.bmp 
Views:	796 
Size:	4.83 MB 
ID:	15033  
    Last edited by Morkhdull; 07-22-2009 at 08:31 PM.
    C'est peut être un détail pour vous,
    Mais pour moi, ça veut dire beaucoup

I like the hex layer. Its nice and clean.

Good balance between detail colour and clarity.

Fractal mapper?

Sigurd

Dollhouse Syndrome = The temptation to turn a map into a picture, obscuring the goal of the image with the appeal of cute, or simply available, parts. Maps have clarity through simplification.

--- Sigurd

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

It is quite nice. Great color scheme.

Just a suggestion... in the future try and remember to upload your maps as .jpg or .png's. Better quality and smaller file sizes.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Other than the bitmap issue, it looks great. I like it.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Belgium - Lands of chocolate and the Marsupilami

Post In the PNG format

Like this ?

By the way, note that Capital symbols and mining sites were added and scale recalculated (apologyze for the misscounting).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16 25 Légendé.png 
Views:	507 
Size:	3.29 MB 
ID:	15082  
    C'est peut être un détail pour vous,
    Mais pour moi, ça veut dire beaucoup

Whoa, very zoomed in. Often you see cries for higher res pictures, but now we're so zoomed in that it's pixelated. I'd actually suggest reducing the resolution just a tad.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Have to agree with Karro here, waaayyy too many pixels Nice map btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Jykke View Post
    Have to agree with Karro here, waaayyy too many pixels Nice map btw.
    Yeah, once we get to the right resolution, it's going to be clear this is a great looking map.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.