Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [unpaid]Roleplay World Maps

"pop your link this thread"? Sorry, me American ears ain't used ta that...

In any case, the board link is here:

http://z13.invisionfree.com/N_Reekis...ex.php?act=idx

Alright, I worked a bit this morning and drew up this map, basically what I would like. I consider my map to be infinetly inferior, because, well...it was made in Paint.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/322...rchioplago.jpg

Obviously that's the basics of what I need. Like before, it doesn't have to look exactly like this, but if you guys can create a map with a few continents, that's be great.

YES! That's PERFECT! Thank you! May I have a direct link to the image, please?

Also, I love the font. Where did you get it?

Welcome!

If you click twice on the thumbnail it will open the image to its native size and you can copy or save it. The font is called Tempus Sans ITC, I think it's one of the ones that ship with Photoshop.

Ah. I'll have to steal Photoshop from my friend when he gets back from Bible Camp then.

I've been playing with the cubism filter in gimp to fractalize a coastline, thanks to someone's suggestion I can no longer locate...

Here is the result with your source image (not to steal Rav's thunder):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cubism.png 
Views:	43 
Size:	126.3 KB 
ID:	15229

It ends up being a bit rougher. I'd like comments on the results/comparison with the other technique.

Thanks,

-Rob A>

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

It seems to work similar to the Crystalize filter in Photoshop.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Nice RobA (and I suspect much faster than the not-so-precise coastline technique). It is definitely rougher but it seems to leave hairlike protrusions unlike the other one though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast