Thread: Just met a Buddhist Abbot...

Post Just met a Buddhist Abbot...

Weirdest of coincidences. In my daytime graphics shop, I just had a woman Buddhist Abbot come to my shop to get a PDF printed. You got to remember I am in the middle of northcentral rural Illinois - not many non-Christians around here as far religions go. Yet in a town not more than 10 miles away, a gathering of Buddhist monks from across the country is meeting there for a seminar of sorts. The abbot is actually from the area.

I talked to her about my heritage, then even brought up Kaidan and my use of Buddhist concepts in the setting I'm creating for publication.

Small world - and bizarrely so!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Hmmm I wonder if it's my friend Deborah....she's a Buddhist Abbess and lives in the States, California though.

Was she carrying a rather large mace ? Did she have vials of holy water strapped liberally to her?

It doesn't happen often, but even in the bible belt you get the spiritual oddjobs. I grew up in Missouri playing with my Jewish/Wicca neighbors, which was a lot more exotic than my three generations of Atheism and Unitarianism. I wasn't even in some big city like St. Louis either... I grew up in Branson.