Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: July/Aug Lite Entry - Hansel and Gretel

Blog Entries

Post July/Aug Lite Entry - Hansel and Gretel

Another month where the lite challenge has an interesting scene to it. I think this is one where I will probably not finish or have some half assed hacked up attempt but we shall see. It all depends on how fat I get !

So I thought it would be an excellent excus.. - er, I mean idea - to buy a load of sweets and make the witches house made from candy out of Hansel and Gretel.

I dont know what its like in the rest of the world but we brits seem to take our sweets pretty seriously. Theres a whole range of historical and standard sweet types which you used to be able to get from sweet shops. Well you can still do it but only just about. Sweet shops have become super markets and then its pick-n-mix and even then that's going out for pre packed packets of specific types. Boo hoo wheres all the fun there !

So I know of a shop in Wells or one in Lacock and a few more even more out of the way places where they hold out against the modernisms. The best of course is in Hogsmead called Honeydukes but thats another 7 book story...

Anyway - I dunno if this is possible but heres a start !

### Latest WIP ###

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'd really like to see you craft it by hand Then show us the pics of you eating it
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I'm looking forward to it ... but ... is it a map? :\

Blog Entries

Not yet but I am working on it - munch munch.

I have got a load of creative commons pics off flickr which I can use for it too. What I need and I don't have right now is some chocolate fingers and chocolate chunks from a bar. Also a free to use muesli bar would be cool. Found some great not able to use versions tho. Might need some rice krispies / coco pops for flooring too. I have a good chocolate flakes pic tho as a sub. So if anyone is sat there browsing and stuffing face at same time with said goodies then throw me a pic will ya. Or else ill have to just go out and get some more chocolate... what I have to do to make a map eh ?

EDIT - darn it thats the last of my liquorice all sorts gone....

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

mmmmmmm... Candy!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Done a few textures and been chopping out images for icons. That's the chore bit...

Gotta do a shout out to the CC BY people here. The choc flakes is public domain. Candyfloss is from celesteh photo - actually some guys wig... Small colored stuff we call hundreds and thousands for some reason is topping on pink sherbets photo. Jellybeans is from dwstuke. And the FerreroRocher is from J.P.Lon.

Oh yeah, was gonna ask you guys. Should I have FerreroRocher trees or use candyfloss ? I am thinking candyfloss but I could combine them somehow.

I think cotton candy would work better as foliage.

The Ferrero could be rocks or bushes or something...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

Yeah I am sold on that. We have this brilliant stuff called curlywurly which is strands of toffee covered in choc which, broken up a bit, would make excellent branches. Haven't seen curlywurly for a while tho but then I haven't looked too hard for it either.

Would be nice to have a stream of honey but I have no idea how to make it. I'll see what I can do - sounds like fun anyway.

For the honey... first thing that comes to mind is use water and adjust the hue/saturation/etc. to a more golden color *shrugs*

Blog Entries

I went up the local shop and got a box of fingers. Certainly get fleeced with these corner shops but its all for a worthy cause...

So thats my roof sorted I think.

No muesli bars tho Dunno what I am going to use as a path if I cant do muesli bars...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast