Thread: Roilwachhs - Realm of Progress

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Map Roilwachhs - Realm of Progress

This map is based on a game from another site I'm a member of (progressquest.com), and over the last 8 years or so we've never actually made a map (never needed to, due to the nature of the game, but that's a whole other story). The name of the world as a whole is Roilwachhs, starting off with the Shopkeep Emporium and Knoram as the first player explorable areas (hence the high concentration of player generated content) with new regions added as the game progressed and new servers added.

There are a fair number of injokes involved in the place names (to be expected, as this world has been so long in the making). That having been said, there's a little something for everyone, don't worry...

Credit where it's due, I followed Ascension's atlas tutorial almost to the letter for this map.

It was created entirely in photoshop. The font is Tirani Let, at a variety of font sizes ranging from 26px to 10px (not including the region names)

The map took me approximately 2 days to construct, the bulk of the time consisting of reading old posts to gather place names - thanks to the clear and straightforward instructions from Ascension, the world creation itself only took a few hours, with minor edits afterwards.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RoilwachhsFinal.jpg 
Views:	989 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	15073  
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 07-24-2009 at 12:31 AM. Reason: tyopfixing

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Came out very nicely...great job!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Very fine implementation of Ascension's tutorial style. It looks pretty cool.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...