Thread: Keep on the Shadowfell level 1 (modified)

Map Keep on the Shadowfell level 1 (modified)

Here is my final modified map I will be using in my game. I did this in Photoshop CS4 digitally modifying textures and photos. hope you like it !
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sk1b.jpg 
Views:	2584 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	15077  
    Last edited by RobA; 04-11-2013 at 12:09 PM.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I rather like it.

One observation though, there's the one room with what looks like 4 beds, in the lower central portion - it looks like a pretty high traffic room to have as sleeping quarters.
    You need to go through there to reach a fair portion of rooms and stairs, and no door to the north corridor makes it seem like more of a hallway. Unless that's intentional, in which case, ok!

I love the texturework though, it's very consistent throughout and sets a definite tone of "rather be somewhere else if i had a choice". I'd be happy to use that in a campaign (either as a GM or a player).

I really like the addition of the room with the ruined floors - It shows off the fact that there's a subfloor, helps explain the gratings (at first i thought it was odd they would be there) and to me it shows there's LOTS of opportunity for trapped floors (is that what the circles are?) and hidden crawlspaces and the like..

This is largely based on the layout presented in Keep on the Shadowfell. It's an old abandoned keep that a cult has made a base out of. The goblins have been forced to make the immediate entrance their camp, since undead infest the lower areas.

Where the stairs go down there is a lower level. Then there are at least 2 even lower areas. So i figured the grates would be fine. In level 2 they have pit falls with water at the bottom.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

Ah, excellent. Not knowing that backstory, you can see how I might be confused, but that explains it perfectly.

*kudos*

Hmm... excellent map, but it seems you are missing the cave bits of this dungeon. Some of my favorite parts of this campaign were the cave parts, having my players run around and running into slimes and gelatinous cubes... Why'd you cut them out?

A few parts were edited, but I don't think its any worse for wear. To be honest, I look at this more like what the Keep looks like on the other side of the portal to the Shadowfell.

I suppose so, and it is an excellent map. I was just hoping for the entire thing. Like I said, some of my favorite parts running this through with my players was the challenge of the hideous blobs.

Candin,

I think you are the 2nd person to tell me fighting cubes is fun. I cut them out because 1. I wanted to change the story some in my game, and 2. because I thought cubes and blobs were a bit silly. But maybe I should try an encounter with them sometime and see what the appeal is.