Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Agoya Shrine, Kaidan

Map Agoya Shrine, Kaidan

Inspired by my own Assassin's Lair map from last month. I thought I use the style to create a site map for my upcoming Pathfinder Adventure module, The Gift for my Kaidan: a Japanese Ghost Story setting.

Agoya Shrine - located just east of the Pass through the mountains. This will be the party's "campsite" for the third night on the road. A Shoten (shaman) will provide food, lodging and some education on the religions of Kaidan. He will provide some divination to the party, and he has a puzzle to solve.

This took me five hours to create, tonight.

Enjoy!

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	agoya-shrine.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	586.1 KB 
ID:	15081  
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Pretty nice You work quite fast I have to say!

Nice stuff! Though when I think of a shrine, there are always little details that I think of... Little things like a water basin with a ladle near the entrance, for purifying one's hands and mouth before approaching the main building of the shrine. I really like the gate too, in my mind I picture it with a red frame and roof resembling a torii... if it had a shimenawa hanging across it, it would -really- remind me of a torii. I also love the design of the priest, a nice heian influence.

Post I forgot the purification spring - doh!

You're right, ScriptKitty! I forgot the purification spring, something I need to add then. The shadow on the gate illustration moved anyway, while I was saving the file, so I need to fix that anyway.

The gate is made of stone, though it could be painted as well.

Hey check your PMs at the top right of the page - I sent you a couple PMs, ScriptKitty.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Very nice Gamerpinter. The "shaman" and temple look great.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

the dirt looks good on the stairs, but it would look even better if it continued on the upper stairs in smaller patches. It also bothers me a bit that it's just a bit too transparent when it hits the stairs.. but that's just a minor detail. I love the artwork btw, just awesome.

Another excellent building map from GP. Five hours? Wow that's fast! Did you have illustrations of the Shoten and the gate entrance ready when you started making this map?

Jykke: good call with the dirt. I might add that there appears to be no dirt whatsoever on the steps of the gate.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Great stuff GP!

Good to see your various vision/ideas for Kaidan coming to fruition.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I realy like this old man
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Very artistic and pleasant to look at. Great job; your game is going to rock with this kind of work supporting it!
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast