Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Kingdom of Randoc-Knaleigh

Mimi

Post The Kingdom of Randoc-Knaleigh

This is a map for the game that I am currently running, and by running I mean not running because not enough players ever turn up to actually run a session. It seems like when I ask people if they want to play they will tell me yes even if the answer is no.

Anyway, the map is meant to be an actual item in the game given to them by the leader of their community when they are sent out to save the world from evil or whatever it is they are doing. It's a medieval fantasy setting with not many mages but lots of wizards so I guess it is a bit like greyhawk except it isn't at all except for in the ways that it is shamlessly ripped off from greyhawk.

The geography is a bad because It used to be good but nothing was where I wanted it to be so I changed it. If anyone asks about that then a wizard did it.

I made three previous versions of this map that were all slapped together very quickly and with not a great deal of thought. I started using one of them in the game, but it sucked really badly so I switched to this one and concluded that it both looks okay and is functional.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	campaignmap.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	4.35 MB 
ID:	15103  
    Last edited by Mimi; 07-24-2009 at 06:48 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like this a very much, I even snagged a copy for myself (which says a lot). I like just about everything and I think the repeated mountains are okay as well...somehow they seem fitting to me. Good stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

It's beautiful!

Very elegant. And I love some of the place names (Killkrazi Keep, heh). I notice you're using different fonts in certain areas, I'm guessing to differentiate different races or something similar? (dwarves in the mountains iwth a slightly runic look, etc)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Love the color scheme!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Guild Apprentice

I must say that I like how you did the coast vs water colors. It looks like the edge of the land is a burnt piece of parchment stuck over another lighter piece. very interesting!
    Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ... - Louis Hector Berlioz

Mimi

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotemax View Post
    It's beautiful!

Very elegant. And I love some of the place names (Killkrazi Keep, heh). I notice you're using different fonts in certain areas, I'm guessing to differentiate different races or something similar? (dwarves in the mountains iwth a slightly runic look, etc)
    Yup, see the Key/Legend for race icon details. Humans in the north/north west/centre, dwarves at the bottom, elves over in the woods.

Doh.. I got so caught up in looking at the rest of the map i missed that, heh.

Nice work!

Mimi

Does nobody see my name joke argh

Which one? The town names are very evocative of their history (or so i imagine) or do you mean the name of the map? (rand-mcnalley)?

Really good map, I like it: simple, clean and elegant, the color scheme just really works with it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast