Thread: Test of the Demonweb

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Map Test of the Demonweb

One of my first dungeon maps with CC3, i made it to run the free adventure of the same name.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	La Reina Araña.JPG 
Views:	237 
Size:	3.10 MB 
ID:	15127  
    Last edited by zenram; 07-26-2009 at 03:35 AM.

Hi Zenram!
    Have some rep for posting several maps.

I like this one. Good use of textures and colors. It's still a bit empty though and the large pedestals (with the spiders on top) are pretty blurry.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nicely done, I think the only thing I would possible change is to lessen the shadows a bit. They seem quite 'intense'.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Looks really good.

Few suggestions, I think may help.

1. Add a Bevel Effect to the Walls to make them stand out a little.

2. I agree with Steel General, Less the shadows a little, not muc, just a little bit.

3. Apply an inside glow on the floor. This will create a slight shadow effect where the floors and the walls meet.

4. At the bottom of your map, Just above and to the right of the word DEMONWEB, I can see that you use the STRAIGHT PATH tool when drawing your map, and you map the walls a single path. To fix this use the FRACTALISE tools to the Left of the screen TOOLS. Right Click on the button, and choose PATH TO POLY tool. This will 'close' the path to a single POLYGON and join the two edges.

To see some examples of some CC3 made Dungeons look for the SHADOWFELL, THUNDERSPIRE, PYRAMID OF SHADOWS, and TROLLHAUNT maps. These maps all have examples of CC3 produced maps.

Good Luck!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

1. Yes, i did it when i only have the CC3, and i follow pretty much the original one, so i got the objets from other sources and i could not put my hands in a good pedestal, maybe i should had use blur.

2. Yeha, i like the shadows a lot, so maybe i over use them XD

3. Yes, i know now, i now know the DD3 tutorial XD.

4. Nodes is one of my problems, im used to Corel and this CAD thing is a pain in the ass to me, but im learning, i will see those map samples XD

*As you sure notice, english is not my nature language so i beg your pardon if i dont write it correctly.