Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keep Level 1

Post Keep Level 1

Hi I am new here. I recently got into making maps for a Fantasy Grounds game I have going and thought I would join the forum to share my work with fellow map makers.

Would love to hear comments and tips. For one, lighting and light sources, add them or not?

This is a modified version of a certain keep you may recognize if you have played the adventure before. Any guesses? Even with the modification it should be similar enough to guess
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Sk1.jpg 
Views:	403 
Size:	913.5 KB 
ID:	14575  

Oh and be sure to zoom to full size or you will miss all the detials

Very nice work. I love the stained floor texture. Regarding lighting and light sources, it's hard to judge without seeing a couple examples. I don't think they are necessary for most maps, but they can add a lot to set a mood if done right.

Comments:
    The stairs in the center of the map lack shading like the others, and though I think it originates from a level above, perhaps you could add some kind of shadow to indicate that.
    The open room on the bottom right doesn't seem clear to me. The sections of solid ground appear to have a shadow around them to indicate they are raised above a lower floor (or is that water?). Anyway I think the shadow might be a bit too large and soft.

Guild Apprentice

I see you made it here^^

As I said on the FG forums I think it looks great

Hey L, good to see you here.

MM, great comments. I will add the shadow to the main entry stairs to help indicate depth.

The room on the bottom right is supposed to be where goblins have dug through the floor looking for treasure. So that needs to look like durt trenches 10 feet deep. They are using wood planks to cross from one raised floor to the other. Looks like I need to work on it a bit.
    Last edited by tfwoods3; 07-02-2009 at 09:00 AM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

For me, this type of sewer-esque map doesn't need lighting...it looks dark and spooky and dank. Lights might mess that up though maybe a campfire for the main goblin lair could work.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I love the modifications done here. If you ever do the second level, please let us know! The take on it is very unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantos View Post
    I love the modifications done here. If you ever do the second level, please let us know! The take on it is very unique.
    I'll do it at some point, it will be a few weeks (a couple of games) before my group reaches the first level, by that time I will need to have the 2nd level close to ready.

Glad you like it.

Having played through this module using another map, I think this one adds a real dark atmosphere to it. I like it, especially the details.

It's awesome, what programs do you use?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast