Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to?

Bass player here! 6-string Carvin.

My band is mostly covers right now. We had 12 songs learned at the begining of this month and now that's up to 30... (20 of which are respectable)

We have a four hour gig on the 30th of this month though.

Weeeee!

The most original thing we're doing is punking out songs like:

I can see clearly now
    http://www.dogeyeglow.com/music/shinyday.mp3
    Escape (the pina colada song)
    and Margaritaville

I stumbled upon this thread while bobbin' my head to some Rage Against the Machine. Specifically, People of the Sun from the album Evil Empire.

Since fifteen-hundred-and-sixteen, minds attacked and overseen...

Damn Cortes...DAMN HIM!!!

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Nice cover! We're doing like popular radio stuff...We just learned Finger 11 Paralyzer, which sounds really poppy and 80's when they do it, but we rock it up a bit...and we learned Killing in the Name of by Rage Against the Machine...that was a fun song...makes people jump up and down.

We've been together since late September of 06, so in 10 months we've crammed together a 46 song repertoire and we try to add 2 songs a week if we can. Soon we'll record some junk.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

YEAH DRAGONFORCE, god has anyone here played "through the fire and flames" on guitar hero that song is sick! the ultimate geek metal band. y'know whats up with metal making a comeback, for a while it was totally unpopular

Traditional/ contemporary Sea Chanty's and Pirate Ballads and traditional celtic specifically Pyrates Royale a band out here at the maryland renn faire. perfect musick for map making! I think they have a video up on youtube, Idk Yahoogletube it people. also I listen to mostly electronica, anime rock, Early Punk and Happy Punk (Bowling For Soup is the happyest band in the world!!!), other trad, and Jam rock (Oingo Boingo is the best band in the world, it just is).
    Last edited by Arkkeeper; 06-03-2008 at 09:42 AM.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Another oooooold thread. OK, I'll play.

When I really need the creative juices flowing I listen to:

Judas Priest
    Hellix
    Iron Maiden
    Ozzy Osborne
    Old Kiss
    Krokus

Basically anything that is from the 80's and is Heavy Metal, not really was big into thrash metal, but did enjoy some of the Glam Metal from the early 90's.

Other music I enjoy is such works as:

Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen
    The Conan Soundtrack
    The Lord of the Rings Soundtracks
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Sympathy For The Devil by The Rolling Stones

Next Up (My iPod playlist is on shuffle):

Everybody Wants The Same Thing by The Scissor Sisters

I listen to a wide range of music depending on my current mood (from rock to classic country to jazz to opera). These days I'm usually listening to Jazz (Big Band era to the mid 50s mostly) or Japanese music of all genres (rock, anime, folk, traditional, enka, jazz, etc).

Lately I'm usually listening to:
    Paris Match (Contemporary Japanese Rock/Jazz band)
    Tendou Yoshimi (Enka)
    Ishikawa Sayuri (Enka)
    Makimura Mieko (Enka)
    Seri Yoko (Enka)
    Alfee (Japanese 80s Rock)
    Pink Lady (Japanese 70s/80s Pop)
    Kaguya-Hime (Japanese 70s/80s Folk)

My music selection is rather eclectic so I've been known to listen to Ella Fitzgerald, Iron Maiden, Reverend Horton Heat, Sonic Youth, Amy Winehouse, Frank Sinatra, The Clash, Duke Ellington, Velvet Underground, Chick Webb, Portishead, Blur, Johnny Cash, PJ Harvey, The Orb, and so on.
    Last edited by Turgenev; 06-03-2008 at 03:38 PM. Reason: added link to official Paris Match Myspace page (^_^)
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

You and Me both man, I listen to just about anything except for most modern rap (I love old school and alternative however) and most country ('cuse alot of the modern stuff is really just southern pop, the only its country is the acoustic guitar and the southern accent, both of which you don't need to be country)
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Only country I listen to is Alabamha 3. And thats really properly described as Acid House Country. Song currently playing on my mac as I type this "Li'l Devil" by the Cult. Now its gone over "Flashpan Hunter" by Tom Waits. That should give you some idea.

Torq
    The internet! It\'ll never catch on.

Software Used: Terranoise, Wilbur, Terragen, The Gimp, Inkscape, Mojoworld

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

My current favorite cd is the newest one I bought and it seems to be playing all the time and that's Theory of a Deadman's newest album Scars and Souvenirs... its rare that I find a album where I like every song on it .... (and even on this one, there is one song I don't really care for.)

But my favorites are:
    Rob Zombie
    Meatloaf
    Ronnie James Dio
    Black Sabbath
    Iron Maiden
    Disturbed
    Yngwie Malmsteen
    Green Day
    Prong
    Metallica
    AC/DC
    George Clinton (Funkadelic and Parliament)
    Sublime

just to name a few....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast