Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What are you listening to?

Blog Entries

Wasn't going to post until I saw NK !

Heres my old gigging jacket ! (V.Old piccy BTW). It lights up when the lights go down Done few others also, like one for Anthrax. Judas Priest tho - what a band - one of the few I never got to see. Did see Ozzy in the old days... we love you... we love you all man... Not the greatest stage presence but he kicks butt vocally. Sabbath would not have been the same without him.

I like some country (Don Williams / Dwight Yoakum + few more) and esp some blue grass like Earl Scruggs. Rag time, metal - saw Manowar in there Hail to England etc. Anthrax, Saxxon and Motorhead were last metal bands I saw. Also like classical and piano like Tori Amos then I am also a bit of a Jarre fan. Then newer stuff like Travis & Coldplay are pretty neat also.

The Cult were one of my favs also - Sanctuary was awesome. A real power opener that one.

Anyone here like the Viking Metal like Korplikaani or however you spell it ? Try "Wooden Pints" - a bit silly but I like it.
    Last edited by Redrobes; 06-03-2008 at 05:55 PM.

Hmm... I can't listen to music while I work--it's too distracting.

When I do listen, though, my radio dial is all but glued to the classical stations. I enjoy Mussorgsky, Bizet, Stravinksky, and Verdi.

I do occasionally get a yen for some folk music, so I have Silly Wizard, Clannad, Eden Burning, the Boys of the Loch, the Appalachian Christmas Quartet, and some others handy in my (very dusty) CD rack.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    I do occasionally get a yen for some folk music, so I have Silly Wizard, Clannad, Eden Burning, the Boys of the Loch, the Appalachian Christmas Quartet, and some others handy in my (very dusty) CD rack.
    Ohh yes Clannad are often very good. Older Celtic stuff is better IMO. Have you tried Steeleye Span ? More trad and vocal than Clannad but long time folk legends.

what about the masters of geeky progressive rock

RUSH

others I'm into at the moment

queensryque (i was listening to "operation mind crime" on my way home today)
    postal service
    Depech mode
    New Order
    NIN

oh yah
    and METALICA rules!

Blog Entries

Unbelievable similarity between all the music here. Queensryche's Mind Crime is in my top 10 albums of all time. WASP's "Headless Children" is similar and would also be around that mark. Either we're all the same age or somebody's peeking in my CD drawer...

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

so its like 60% Metalheads, 15% Prog Rock, 5% classical, and 10% trad? I'm really suprised by all the metalhed mapmakers
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    Have you tried Steeleye Span ?
    I have not. I'll keep my eye out for them, though.

edit: Nice! They're in Pandora. I'll give it a listen when I get home from work.
    Last edited by Midgardsormr; 06-03-2008 at 08:47 PM.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Unbelievable similarity between all the music here. Queensryche's Mind Crime is in my top 10 albums of all time. WASP's "Headless Children" is similar and would also be around that mark. Either we're all the same age or somebody's peeking in my CD drawer...
    the wife and i went to the mind crime 2 show last January i think it was.

they played all of mind crime and mind crime 2 and we got to go to the meet and greet after although Tate bailed out early

Unbelievable similarity between all the music here. Queensryche's Mind Crime is in my top 10 albums of all time.
    Heh heh. I love this album, but it's the only one on that list that I know.

Last band I saw live was in 2006, and that band was:

W*A*S*P!!!!

Yep, they played live here in Vancouver BC (Tonight Iron Maiden is actually playing here but I couldn;t get tix )
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast