Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [taken]-[paid]Campaign Map

Grr. If I can have the 2 weeks, I'll put my name in the hat. But if anybody bids in for the single week's turnaround, I bow out.

I just can't resist a gameboard!

But I also don't use CC. I can provide an .EPS or a PDF or even a raster incl. layered Photoshop.

Not much of an offer, I guess. 2 weeks and no CC. But if nobody else steps up, maybe I can least bail out the patron.

Quote Originally Posted by SirAngrish View Post
    Have I given too short of a time limit perhaps?
    Your offer's only been up for a few hours. Some people here don't live 25/8 on their computers like I do.

Something that would help a lot, for whoever does the map: post the game rules. How many players? What's the goal (victory conditions)? What kinds of assets does each player have?

If it's Flash (töff ♥ Doby!), does the computer play against the player(s)?

But I also don't use CC. I can provide an .EPS or a PDF or even a raster incl. layered Photoshop.
    CC isn't necessary if a similar style can be achieved.

Some people here don't live 25/8 on their computers like I do.
    lol, that's why i'm suspicious if 1-2 weeks is too short of a time limit

Quote Originally Posted by SirAngrish View Post
    suspicious if 1-2 weeks is too short of a time limit
    Not if that's your requirement.

If it's Flash (töff ♥ Doby!), does the computer play against the player(s)?
    It's actually a multiplayer RTS/RPG territory-war, monster-battling, trade-skilling game, if that sums it up enough. The movement is only for moving to new territories, and for exploring to battle new creatures and such. The actual map interaction is pretty nil compared to the rest....however nice media in a game can do it all for most these days - which is why I have come here for help.

I can provide a quick example of how the map is used in the game when I get any taker(s).

Right, thus you call it the "campaign map."

Will each square have a zoomed-in smaller-scale version, then? That's a lotta little maps!

Will each square have a zoomed-in smaller-scale version, then? That's a lotta little maps!
    Nope, each 20x20 portion (or whatever dimensions are better fit) of the campaign map will serve as each territory.

So whatever details are on the campaign map, you just take one tile out of it, without any extra detail, and that's a territory map? or do I misunderstand. I think you'd at least want a higher-resolution version for zooming in like that, if not extra detail.

What kinds of obstacles and "points of interest" are you allowing for in your code? Swamps, rough terrain, forest ...

I'm thinking all the way back to Tactics II ah the memories!
    Last edited by töff; 07-25-2009 at 08:34 PM.

It is planned to have a total of 10 maps in the end, as players continue reaching the level caps and finishing each zone, so for this map it doesn't need to be anything specific as I can mix and match quests/plans to match the first zones obstacles (this map) with ease.

This is why there are so few restrictions on the design of it.

and that's a territory map?
    Nope, nothing special really happens when you move to another territory other then the battle options, territory stats, tradeskill capabilities, etc. So the kind detail in the maps i've linked is all i'll be looking for.

I wish I could provide a quick example of it but I won't be back at my workstation at home until tomorrow.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast