Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [taken]-[paid]Campaign Map

Would higher levels sports features not found on lower levels?

Whoever does this map (these maps) is gonna need to know what you're including in the programming.

Here is a quick example of how simple the map interaction is, to not confuse anyone with thinking a higher resolution map is needed. It is simple tile-based movement, with no additional interaction with the map.

Requires Flash Player version 10
    Map Scrolling Example

Would higher levels sports features not found on lower levels?
    Not really...since the actual map interaction is nil as i've mentioned, features found in the maps can be pretty random and spread out, as the game is more involved with other things - not so much the map.

And I appreciate those helping me follow through with important additional information - this isn't my area (obviously :-P), so it helps that i'm being pushed into the right direction into what exactly to request.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Have you looked through the finished map forum to see if there is something there that would work for you?

Then all you'd need to do is contact the author to see if you can use it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Hello Steel,

I haven't, as I assumed finished maps were made for others, or for another project, which in turn might play funny with copyrights. I will take a look anyhow in the meantime incase I receive no takers as a last resort.

That being said, if anyone already has a map done that might fit this project and isn't used in any public or commercial projects, the commision could possibly be a lot more instant

Quote Originally Posted by SirAngrish View Post
    simple tile-based movement, with no additional interaction with the map... the actual map interaction is nil
    Then what you want is just a nice piece of art? If that's the case, why do you have specifications for "obstacles" and cities?

Obviously, the map interaction is not absolute nil, but minimal at least. That minimum therefore becomes extremely important for the artist.

I can see that if you are talking on a high-strategic level, the rivers and so forth are less than critical. But still, there is interaction between at least some of the map features, and the gameplay.

I think it will be very important for the artist to know precisely which features your game code takes into account, and which ones can be dropped in artistically for visual effect while not causing any change to gameplay.

The development for this aspect of the game hasn't begun - not until I have certain media and can code based on the content.

I can give more specifications if an artist takes on the job and requests them, however I still have no takers.

If you find no one else, I'll take it, but I will have some further questions.

Quote Originally Posted by töff View Post
    ... I'll take it ...
    I mean, I will offer my services. Sheesh. Phrasing!

Did I ask too may questions?

Well, if you're interested, email me: toff@arcticcoconut.com ... otherwise, good luck!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast