Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: [taken]-[paid]Campaign Map

Post [taken]-[paid]Campaign Map

Commission:
    $100 USD - Paypal

May request additional maps be made in the future at a higher commision rate.

What time limits (if any) are you working to?
    1-2 Weeks..

Preferrably 1 so I can continue development sooner.

Map Information
    My art is with code, so unfortunately I have to ask that the artist come up with their own design with minimal restraints.

I am working on a flash game, where I need a campaign map for moving across territory.

Simple points:
    Most points you can refer to the attachment to understand what I mean.

-No distracting borders
    -Squared edges are prefferred, since the movement is tile-based
    -A seperate small island away from the mainland
    -Minimum of 4 towns, maximum of 10
    -Surrounded by water
    -Dimensions must be squared and at least 600x600...scale shouldn't matter as I can alter the movement scaling in the game.
    -Do not add a grid, I will do that upon completion.

If possible (not required), I would like paths, random rivers, obstacles to 1 or 2 of the towns (mountains, hills, thick forest, whatever), and a couple points of interest.

If made in cc3, it would also be nice to have the source, but it's not required.

Copyright
    I will have the right to use the image for commercial purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain. Credits can be given, and Copyright rules can be discussed for change by the author prior to commision.

Email : maztafazta@hotmail.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	firstland.JPG 
Views:	158 
Size:	192.5 KB 
ID:	15146  
    Last edited by SirAngrish; 07-29-2009 at 05:10 PM.

This looks fun. I LOVE board games.

If I didn't have more projects than I can handle, I'd jump on this one.

Unlucky SirAngrish, if Toff had taken it on you would have got something pretty supreme. Still, lots of other excellent artists in the guild and your offer is not ungenerous!

Best of luck with your map!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You need to put up an e-mail so that people can contact you privately. That said, you could also just do 4 more posts and people can contact you privately here (you need 5 posts to send/receive private messages on our board). To help you along with that, I have a question...what sort of style are you looking for? Does it have to be CC3 or are you looking for hand-drawn, antique, satellite, atlas, etc? You could also put some links to stuff that you like and those who do similar things can jump in easier. If nobody responds then I'll give her a go for ya.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Thanks for the replies, I didn't expect any so soon..

Unlucky SirAngrish, if Toff had taken it on you would have got something pretty supreme. Still, lots of other excellent artists in the guild and your offer is not ungenerous!

Best of luck with your map!
    Thanks Ravells. I'll consider myself lucky if it it goes in any positive direction . As for it not being ungenerous, I wish I could offer more right now for this kind of work - it's a bit out of the norm and appears to take a talent not easily met.

You need to put up an e-mail so that people can contact you privately. That said, you could also just do 4 more posts and people can contact you privately here (you need 5 posts to send/receive private messages on our board). To help you along with that, I have a question...what sort of style are you looking for? Does it have to be CC3 or are you looking for hand-drawn, antique, satellite, atlas, etc? You could also put some links to stuff that you like and those who do similar things can jump in easier. If nobody responds then I'll give her a go for ya.
    Thanks, I have put an email up - I was unaware that PM's were only for those with 4 or more posts.

It does not have to be CC3, however I do find a liking to cc3 map styles.

Some examples i've run run into real quick:
    - http://www.dundjinni.com/info/images/cascade_locks.jpg (This style might work, on a larger scale)
    - http://www.jhendor.de/images/maps/knownworld_cc3.jpg (Not sure I could hope for something of this quality for $100)
    - http://www.profantasy.com/images/cc3.../gallery07.jpg (Perfect style)
    Last edited by SirAngrish; 07-25-2009 at 05:59 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

There ya go folks, jump on this. I know there are a lot of CC users out there and this is a good deal...compared to what I'm currently working on this is $100 better and I've spent 1 month on it. So beat this guys door down.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Unlucky SirAngrish, if Toff had taken it on you would have got something pretty supreme
    I'm going to have to increase your salary.

Out of curiosity, does anybody know, can CC import .EPS?

Don't think so, although I don't have CC3 at this computer to check.

Anyway, the commission is indeed generous. I find it almost weird nobody is jumping on it
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

I find it almost weird nobody is jumping on it
    Have I given too short of a time limit perhaps?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast