0 0%
  • Isles of Myth - by Elfspeaker

1 1.85%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: *** July 09 challenge voting - Enchantment ***

Post *** July 09 challenge voting - Enchantment ***

PLEASE VOTE FOR 1 ENTRY

PLEASE REP THE ENTRIES YOU VOTE FOR

Another month passes and thank you to those who took part. Some truly beautiful entries this month with only a short amount of time to complete them, possibly explaining why other entries were unfinished.

This month's challenge subject was:
    We are are looking for a magical map, the kind that maybe held you as a child that you saw in an illustrated book or maybe the more scary type. Rich colours, places which suggest an otherwordliness....the choice is yours...we want a map which spells and epitomises the word 'enchantment' and what it means to you.

We had many imaginative entries which truly summed up the word 'enchantment' , unfortunately we can only each vote for one of them.

Good Luck to the contestants and thanks for voting!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

For me, there was only one that really enchanted me. Others are good, unique, and cool but only one made me want to fly there and peer over the edge. So I tip my hat to Tear.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Noooooooooooo... why did I get just one vote?
    Some very good entries, but had to choose between Jykke and Tear. It was very, very hard, but I finally went with Jykke.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I ultimately had to go with Tear as I felt that was the one that best embodied the challenge.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

A few unfinished ones, a few excellent entries done but for me too the map from Tear had that word enchantment in spades. Jykkes was marvelously done and m^5pig's was a nice book like illustration but alas for them my vote went to Tear this time.

Post Coin flip here!

It was tough again, I almost went for Tear, but Jykke has tried so hard the last several challenges and the giant turtle is very nice. So I just flipped a coin and Jykke won.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

It's the turtle that did it for me. As I looked at the other ones I was thinking "oh cool" but when I figured out the turtle I said "Oh Neat!" out loud. How could I not vote for that one

LOL... let's see if this is going to be another close contest then.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Novice Facebook Connected DethinBlack's Avatar

Oh man. I really wanted to enter this contest, but didnt have time... Kinda glad I didnt because I had a similar Idea to Tear's. Though, he went about it way differently then I was thinking about it. It turned out Ridiculously awesome!

In the end, though, I think I will go with Jykke. Ive always liked the idea of the massive turtle that has people living on it, and the map just kind of struck me

I wish i could vote for two though

All were great!
    Oh!That light of dusk, jykke!
    But my vote goes to the Tear's enchanted island.
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/signaturepics/sigpic3377_5.gif

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast