Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Keep on the Shadowfell level 1 - by tfwoods3

Post Seen a tutorial?

Has anyone seen a video tutorial about drawing maps like this with photoshop. I have found some in youtube but they focused in world maps.

Another question I have is about programs: I know two programs used for map making. CC3 and Dundjinni. The maps from the second I've seen look more real, but I don't know which is easier. Their price is pretty much the same and I don't know which one to choose.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

That depends on what you want to do more of. If you want to make castles and dungeons and stuff like that I would recommend Dunjinni but that is just my personal preference. CC3 is little harder to learn but those who use it love it. Both are actually quite easy to learn but hard to master. I would suggest looking through the user forums on each site to see what the general membership submits and see which you like better. There are many CC3 maps here and few DJ maps but the DJ forums have some really great artwork that you can use on maps.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I really like CC3, you can expand it as much as you want and can do maps in many diferent styles, its just a matter of having the right extras. XD

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

A tutorial indeed would be great. Love the map. One of the best I've seen.
    I love the texture used for the walls (not the fill).

Guild Novice

i want to do it

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12