Thread: Tsue-jo Castle Town, Kaidan

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Tsue-jo Castle Town, Kaidan

OK, this is the roughest starting WIP for any project you've ever witnessed by me, because I seldom plan things to this degree. However, Tsue-jo is the destination castle town for my first adventure module, The Gift, for my Kaidan campaign setting. The town will be fairly complicated, but I want the design to make sense - historically and to help the story.

This is a rough pen sketch (and I mean rough!) showing several depicted views of the proposed castle town. The side view from the north (it says "west" but that's an error), at the top of this sketch tries to help show how the fortress sits high on a rocky hill, with the second bailley about 40 to 50 feet lower than the third/fortress bailley. The first bailley is separated from the inner bailleys by a wooden bridge built between two smaller fortresses. Then a bridge separates the first bailley from the main town area, with the samurai district being closest to the natural moat.

Essentially its a single rocky island near the mouth of a river with two fractures dividing the castle itself from the remaining first bailley and the town itself.

A rough road plan for the town shows a maze-like approach to the castle from the main town entrance with a 3 arched stone bridge from the north bank.

I'm sure this will be my toughest map to create for the adventure - but its got to be done.

I have some other work to do, so I'll get back to this in couple days.

GP
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tsue-jo-wip.jpg 
Views:	393 
Size:	1,018.0 KB 
ID:	15188  
    Last edited by Gamerprinter; 07-26-2009 at 09:57 PM.
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations