Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: [taken]-[unpaid]World Of Zyran - Creation

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'll have to redo it. Simply increasing the size will introduce too many problems and I'll end up having to go back and tweak everything anyways. If I'm going to have to tweak every step then I'll just redo it at 8,000 and then you can shrink it if you want. I won't be able to post it here on the guild, though, so send me a PM with your e-mail and I'll e-mail it to you in a few days (with rivers and deserts).
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I think these are done. I'll let you look them over but first I have a question. They are huge in file size; the full size jpg is over 120 megs each. Put together into a zip and the zip is still 55.4 megs (28 megs if zipped separately). Reducing quality from 12 to 10 takes the file size from 120 to 12 each. Dropping it to 9 saves another 3 megs. So my question is how high of jpg quality do you want? Personally, I can't see a difference between 12 and 9 but I'll let you be the judge. If I try to e-mail the 55 megabyte zip then it might take quite along time for me (I only have 100k upload speed but 5 meg download). The way AOL runs things it will take me about an hour to send that. If I send the smaller zip file (16 megs) where the maps are 9 megs each then that will take about 10 minutes.

These are just the base terrain maps - rivers, forests, mountains, deserts, etc included. Towns, roads, labels, graphics, borders, etc you said that you will do. I have not included any fancy geology like canyons, craters, volcanoes, etc. I stay as close to the provided maps as possible so for me to venture out usually results in much more editing things and changing things and deleting things. The two pics that I'm uploading here are at half size (4000 x 4000 instead of 8000 x 8000) and at a 10 quality (instead of 12).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1b.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	3.08 MB 
ID:	15725   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2b.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	3.09 MB 
ID:	15727  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Thanks Ascension!

The maps are beautiful! Perfect!

I would like to have the maps at the 10 Quality mark, if possible. I believe that I have already provided you with the email addresses you can email them to me.

You mentioned that "I have not included any fancy geology like canyons, craters, volcanoes, etc."

I would consider this project completed without heasitation, however, if you wish / have time / willing to, you can add some fancy geology for "icing on the cake" =).

However, I can take over the world details from here. That is completely fine... I don't want or expect you to put any more time than what you already have or want to. (I know I threw a wrench in your plans when I stated I wanted it bigger for more details)

I appreciate the work you have completed already, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

I don't have the time right now or for the next few weeks...other jobs. I should get some lil bit of time in September so if you come up with some things that you want and sketch their location in (like in a red or white so that I can see them better than the black) then I'll see what I can do about adding them in. That might mess up your town placements, though, and labels.

That's all good,

I'll take what you have completed for me, and I can manage to work the rest off. Once my RPG Campaign starts, and I get history behind hit, I can touch base with you and see if you want to add the things in.

Again, thank you soo much, this is awesome!!

FYI - Work completed and received - very happy!!
    Last edited by Jexl; 08-11-2009 at 10:33 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12