Thread: [taken]-[unpaid]World Of Zyran - Creation

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post [taken]-[unpaid]World Of Zyran - Creation

Commission:

* This request would be Unpaid, I am a Dungeon Master / GM, who does not collect anything from his players. I had a map about 12 years ago that was lost due to a move. I have tried to re-create the maps, and it is not my forte at all, and I fail miserably. I am now looking for outside intervention from this fine community. Please help!!

Time Constraints

* I would like to have something to work with in one month. This is when I'm starting up my campaign again, and would like to have the map to be able to display to my players. I would however, like an update once in a while, just in case there is something that I can catch before too much work is done, and it's not panning out.

Style

* I love the following styles of maps. Being able to click and zoom right in to details. http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=6225 or / and http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5109 and / or http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5812

Description of Map

* I am attaching a screenshot of the Planet's Layout
    * This is a world map of 2 continents, one with an inner sea. Please take note, this planet has 2 moons. This might affect tides / erosion and the planet's tectonics. The world follows normal physics we know of today. All I want to do is be able to place the cities, country borders, forts and names of the locations and all the details like that. I just need someone to create the world that I will be able to populate with my campaign. Feel free to use anything you need to build the map / world.
    * The scale of the map will be approximately 25 miles to the inch.

Quality & Size

* I would like to have a semi professional map.
    * Small enough to share over the web, however, does not need to be posted to a website. This is for personal use.
    * Map Dimentions, 4000px × 4000px. We might need to make one map per continent depending on how detailed it will become and how big the project will be.
    * [Raster / Vector]: I am not clear on what this is, but just a normal rasterized map should do the trick.

Copyright - (as simple or complex as you need. If you want something watertight consult a lawyer, the suggestions below are just for illustrative purposes and may not provide the protection you require).

* I will have the right to use the image for personal purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain. The creator or creators of the maps will have full credit for the work done, and everyone else involved in the campaign will know exactly who created it. Parts of it might be posted on a website, where a link to cartographer's guild will be posted along with the creator.

I don't mind if 2 people jump aboard either. I am not sure the details on making a map this complex, and don't want to overburden anyone either.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	15190