Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [taken]-[unpaid]World Of Zyran - Creation

Post [taken]-[unpaid]World Of Zyran - Creation

Commission:

* This request would be Unpaid, I am a Dungeon Master / GM, who does not collect anything from his players. I had a map about 12 years ago that was lost due to a move. I have tried to re-create the maps, and it is not my forte at all, and I fail miserably. I am now looking for outside intervention from this fine community. Please help!!

Time Constraints

* I would like to have something to work with in one month. This is when I'm starting up my campaign again, and would like to have the map to be able to display to my players. I would however, like an update once in a while, just in case there is something that I can catch before too much work is done, and it's not panning out.

Style

* I love the following styles of maps. Being able to click and zoom right in to details. http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=6225 or / and http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5109 and / or http://www.cartographersguild.com/showthread.php?t=5812

Description of Map

* I am attaching a screenshot of the Planet's Layout
    * This is a world map of 2 continents, one with an inner sea. Please take note, this planet has 2 moons. This might affect tides / erosion and the planet's tectonics. The world follows normal physics we know of today. All I want to do is be able to place the cities, country borders, forts and names of the locations and all the details like that. I just need someone to create the world that I will be able to populate with my campaign. Feel free to use anything you need to build the map / world.
    * The scale of the map will be approximately 25 miles to the inch.

Quality & Size

* I would like to have a semi professional map.
    * Small enough to share over the web, however, does not need to be posted to a website. This is for personal use.
    * Map Dimentions, 4000px × 4000px. We might need to make one map per continent depending on how detailed it will become and how big the project will be.
    * [Raster / Vector]: I am not clear on what this is, but just a normal rasterized map should do the trick.

Copyright - (as simple or complex as you need. If you want something watertight consult a lawyer, the suggestions below are just for illustrative purposes and may not provide the protection you require).

* I will have the right to use the image for personal purposes, the artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio but not to exploit it for commercial gain. The creator or creators of the maps will have full credit for the work done, and everyone else involved in the campaign will know exactly who created it. Parts of it might be posted on a website, where a link to cartographer's guild will be posted along with the creator.

I don't mind if 2 people jump aboard either. I am not sure the details on making a map this complex, and don't want to overburden anyone either.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WIP.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	219.4 KB 
ID:	15190  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

If someone doesn't contact you within a week then let me know and I'll do it for ya...I can whip out a basic world in a day or two. If you want me to put the labels in it will take a few more days.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Submitted for your approval, I need to know where you want the mountains and then I can put in the rivers. These are just the base images, once the mountains and rivers are placed I'll start adding in the more artistic touches. Number 1 here will be in the Atlas style (Artheane) and Number 2 will be in the pseudo-satellite style (Jasmine Coast). I need to know which of those you prefer as well...not these how they are now but the finished product.

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	3.47 MB 
ID:	15475   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	3.90 MB 
ID:	15476  
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

Info

Awesome Stuff! My PM states the details on what map style I preferred. The ovals besides the "plates" are where mountain ranges are.

If you can, you can add a few more mountain ranges are your discretion.
    Please let me know if there's any more info you need from me.
    Thanks,

Name:	platetectonics.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	15479  

Ok mountains are placed. Let me know about the desert/plains/swamp areas and then I can start the rivers, which will take a day or two per map. If you already know where you want the rivers then let me know about those as well and things will go fast.

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	3.46 MB 
ID:	15508   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	3.83 MB 
ID:	15509  

Here's the ideal places for deserts. And again, you can add your own creativity, I will be implementing / changing my story lines to meld with the world you are providing me. Rivers you can place on your own too.

I have a quick question, I am a little concerned regarding the scale. when I open the documents, they loose their detail when I zoom in. The finished product, will it allow me to zoom right in to add the roads and cities?
    Attached Images Attached Images   

The latest version Ascension posted is 4000x4000 pixels. That's pretty large and should give you enough detail I think?

You did click on his map posted above to open the bigger version, right?
    (click once on the thumbnail to open a slightly bigger version, click on that one to get to the 4000x4000 pixels version).
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Thanks Gandwarf, I didn't realize that. I checked it out, and see what you are talking about, and there are lots of details that can be added...

Now, Ascension, I don't know how much more I would be asking or how much trouble this would be for you, but I would like to zoom in a little closer for more details. How many pixels are you able to go up to detail wise? like 6000px by 6000px be too much?

Please let me know.

Also, can you just add a few mountains here and there randomly across the right side continent? Just 2 or 3 small random ranges.

I doubt the detail thing will work the way you want, just a hunch. But It's never a bad idea to ask Maybe Ascension will pull it off.

It's likely Ascension is working in 4000x4000 pixels... meaning a bigger size would be impossible (or at least a lot of work). But let's wait for his answer
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast