Thread: A Homeless Campaign Map

Map A Homeless Campaign Map

Thought I'd post another of my maps as a kind of thanks to all the interesting reads and maps I've seen on my occasional visits here. This one isn't anything that detailed or anything but it had an interesting history.

Started a solo campaign through skype with an old friend who now lives overseas. As part of the game a map of the surrounds was needed so I sketched a few lines on whatever online mapping program we were using (this is over a year ago now). I later printed it, drew a bit more detail on it, scanned it along with the original printed rough lines and then went through a fair bit of effort to remove the original lines as I coloured it. Then I expanded the map as it was originally only part of the left half and once again had to do a whole bunch of fixing to get the new areas to match the original colours and lines, made more difficult because for some unknown reason I sketched the new half on a lined writing pad (some of those lines are still visible).

Anyhow if at least one person here gets some sort of useful idea from this then I guess it's worth it. The campaign itself stopped after a few months due to RL commitments so the map is unlikely to ever be used again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Campaign - Map - Known World.jpg 
Views:	328 
Size:	308.6 KB 
ID:	16155  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I like it, it's got a nice, cartoon-like feel to it.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Nice map, Vard5! The style is very unique and I like the perspective. Have some rep!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...