Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I hate computers

Guild Member

Quote Originally Posted by Notsonoble View Post
    No, in fact I find them quite painful at my job... (especially their tape library support)
    You should try IBM's support channel one day. You'd start appreciating Dell's.

Quote Originally Posted by Notsonoble View Post
    If you fell like trying again, I've had FreeBSD and WinXP dual booting on the same machine, and my dad's done it with both XP and Vista (although we've not tired 7) So shoot me a PM and an email and we'll see if we can't make it significantly less painless (its actually stupid easy with XP/FreeBSD and GRUB provided you do things in the right order... Vista's more of a pain... and I expect 7 will be as well)
    Thanks for the offer, but I'll probably just put BSD on my other computer, the one that's too old to use for gaming (Gaming is about the only thing that keeps me tied to windows these days. And Photoshop I guess).

Quote Originally Posted by Midgardsormr View Post
    I prefer forum posts for tutorials. I'm far less likely to read a tut if I have to download it. I'd say I only d/l one in twenty or so, but I'll quite likely read the entirety of a thread.
    Likewise. Downloading is kind of a pain for me. I guess publishing stuff in both formats is good, though I have no idea how to make stuff into PDF (I'll worry about it when I actually finish writing the guide... which will be sometime between now and when the sun collapses into a white dwarf).

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

There are online converters that can be used, as well as some share/freeware ones.

Or just post up the original here and ask if someone will convert it for you.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Also remember that everything but base in OpenOffice will export to pdf... (base might too, for reports and such)
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12