Thread: My fantasy world, I call Zenborn

Wip My fantasy world, I call Zenborn

Hello my name is Jason. Ive been lurking on the forums for a weeks now. Last week or so I picked up the World Builder Package of Campaign Cartographer 3. I am in the process of converting a hand drawn map from D&D 2E days some 15-20 years into a digital format using CC3 for a future homebrew D&D game Im starting soon. Just looking to get some feedback I guess.

Ive attached both drawings, the hand drawn and my digital work in progress.

Thanks
    Jason P.

On a side note, I see my contours didnt fade and "glows" for my land mass didnt export. How do I get those sheet effects to export as well. I also noticed, by default, they dont turn on when I start the program again. Can I set it so they are always on? Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zenborn.JPG 
Views:	132 
Size:	1.94 MB 
ID:	15247   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zenborn HD.jpg 
Views:	418 
Size:	107.3 KB 
ID:	15248  
    Last edited by Zenborn; 07-28-2009 at 06:46 PM.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I like the drawing, good stuff. Don't give up on that, lots of promise there.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

There is an option to turn the effects on automatically. You may not wanna leave it on all of the time, cause when u are working it really slows the refresh.

Welcome Zenborn!
    Be sure to post progess you make to your map. Have some rep for posting your first work in progress on our forum.

As for keeping the sheet effects on:
    As Davros said, when loading a map they will be turned off for performance reasons. Especially on larger maps having the sheet effects on will make CC3 very unresponsive (taking 20 seconds to zoom in for example).

Anyway, if you want to always have them on, here is a post by another user on the Profantasy forum which explains the actions you should take:

Under Tools -> Options, you can set the effects to be always on on load. You can also do this for any single map by going to File -> Drawing Properties -> Map Notes and edit the OnOpenMacro note. Here, add the command EFFECTSON on the bottom line (below the text already here). This will cause the effects to be turned on for this map each time it is loaded.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Great start...looking forward to the finished version.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Great Start.

I find it quite humorous that your continental shape is very similar to the continental shape for my old Campaing world from 20 years ago.

Great Minds must think alike!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Auren.png 
Views:	136 
Size:	586.5 KB 
ID:	15261  
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Great Start.

I find it quite humorous that your continental shape is very similar to the continental shape for my old Campaing world from 20 years ago.

Great Minds must think alike!
    Thanks everyone. Yeah, great minds must think alike. I just let my pencil do the walking. I copied my original to put my city names on it. Also modified the upper part of the digital map to be mountainous and with a glacier.