Thread: Dark Sun - Village of Arla

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Dark Sun - Village of Arla

Hi all. This is my first actual try at making a map, using strictly photoshop. This village is set in Athas, a desolate land that... blah, blah, blah...

You might notice that instead of water it looks like sand. Well, that's the "silt sea". Fine powdery junk. It's supposed to blow about and drift and that is something I have yet to depict in the map.

Another thing is this village is a reclaimed ruins. Five buildings have been refubished but the rest of the 250 or so people living there are in tents. Not sure how to depict that. I'll probably need what looks like upwards of 70 tents if I'm interested in making it look accurate.

Also, there is going to be a single house overlooking the ville and I haven't any ideas for that as of yet.

What's been troubling me the most is how blurry the coast line is. I know it has to be some setting but every time I try to change it, ie get a harder line, the fill still gives it that radiant edge. If I weren't so concerned about ruining my drop dead gorgeous looks, I'd have pulled all of my hair out by now

There's two maps... one without notes, one with. Opinions are hoped for, advice is prayed for.

Thanks for your time.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arla2_685.jpg 
Views:	298 
Size:	363.8 KB 
ID:	491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arla_158.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	350.9 KB 
ID:	492