Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Into the Wyld

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
    Thanks for the reply.

There's no hidden reason actually. Settlements form near resources and on resource routes. Resources constitute food, water, building materials, and valuables. A resource route of course is the route that these resources take in trade between multiple settlements. If an area is neither resource rich nor a crossroad, there will be very few if any settlements. That area happens to be barren and out of the way.
    I always just kind of mentally assume, when looking at a map (especially one without clear climate boundaries marked), that an area sparse of settlement is in fact a desert or barren region.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I really like the look of those mountains. That's one thing I need to play around with some more on my own maps; my mountains are kind of... generic.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12