Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The World of Bloodmyr - Remade

Blog Entries

This map looks good. A few nitpicks. The border around Zydved(?), in the North West, seems to be under some white peak layer. For me the color difference between the desert and the Tundra is too subtle. The parchment scroll for the legend has some pixilated jaggies, try adding a blurred mask to soften that.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Borders look fine to me; that's actually a really good idea, leaving some space on both banks of the rivers like that.

And putting 'snapshots' of the terrain types in the legend is genius! Repped.
    Thanks! That idea actually came about because there were others complaining about not knowing what terrain was suppose to be what. So, I added little squares on the legend to appease them.

Quote Originally Posted by hohum View Post
    This map looks good. A few nitpicks. The border around Zydved(?), in the North West, seems to be under some white peak layer. For me the color difference between the desert and the Tundra is too subtle. The parchment scroll for the legend has some pixilated jaggies, try adding a blurred mask to soften that.
    Fixed Zyvdred's border a bit. The blending option made the mountain bleed through the red too much. Blurred the parchment slightly, it's smoothed with enough jaggedness to remain believable. The desert and tundra I am going to leave alone, since they are actually a very similar terrain type, they just exist in two different climates. Since the tundra and the deserts are separated by plenty of other terrains and most of the cold/hot zones are labeled as such, I'm going to leave that one alone.

(Hopefully) final version (unless someone has more tips :0 ):
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bloodmyrhires.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	27802  
    - Brian, Late Nite Books

General map enthusiast, game designer, author, and gamer.

Looks real good. I like it a lot. My only nitpick would be the border of Almaria and where in a couple of spots it tends to blend with the water. Near "Q'Almar" and "Corban" in particular the coast practically disappears. Other than those extremely minor things, it's very well done.
    "Listen, strange women lyin' in ponds distributin' swords is no basis for a system of government."

My Albums - My Portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by cereth View Post
    Looks real good. I like it a lot. My only nitpick would be the border of Almaria and where in a couple of spots it tends to blend with the water. Near "Q'Almar" and "Corban" in particular the coast practically disappears. Other than those extremely minor things, it's very well done.
    That's what I get for making a country' border blue which is predominantly surrounded by water. Changed border color to green.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bloodmyrhires.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	2.95 MB 
ID:	27813  
    - Brian, Late Nite Books

General map enthusiast, game designer, author, and gamer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123