Thread: New to RPGs and VTTs

Post New to RPGs and VTTs

So. The Battletech RPG "Time of War" will be coming out probably in the fall and I just downloaded and browsed through the Pathfinder beta. I'm also looking at RPtools as a way to run my own campaign in the coming months. I've viewed the tutorials and get the general idea, but it would be cool to see how it works in practice.

I've only done one RPG session in my life, but would love to see how these VTT tools work. Is there anyone on a campaign who would be willing to let a newbie in for, maybe a cameo or somesuch?

Guild Applicant

Post server is up

Hi Mate

If you are still online, I've hosted a server for you to jump into.

it is in Maptools (The RPtools virtual tabletop.) - the menu option is "connect to server"

the server name is "themink" and the password is "455"

I'll be on for a couple of hours so if you connect I can walk you through various aspects of it.

Much obliged for the offer. Very sorry I'd gone offline for the night.

I think my wish it twofold, one to see how RPtools works, two to see how RPGs work. I'll be jumping into DMing sometime soon, and it'd be good to see how gaming works before I go about leading a group.

I'd be happy to set up a time or make time for a group that's already going.