Thread: [unpaid]Looking for Clean (No Text) Detailed Map

Help [unpaid]Looking for Clean (No Text) Detailed Map

Hi, I apologize if this is in the wrong place, but I'm looking for a detailed map of a landmass or landmasses surrounded by water that has no text or names of any sort. For a little context, I am going to do a "new world" RPG campaign so the group will do the naming, but I would like the terrain to already be mapped out. I found a gem in the finished map section, but it's not perfect because it's not sealed by water. But the level of detail is fantastic. If anyone can provide maps or point me in the right direction I would be greatly appreciative.

The map "Kherennem" I provided is by Lathorien, a guild member.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kherennem2.jpg 
Views:	525 
Size:	3.51 MB 
ID:	14123  

Hi fuzzlewump!

You're right! Wrong forum! I've moved your post to the maps requested forum where hopefully your request will be seen by the right people who may be able to help you. You might want to send a pm to Lathorien to see if he'll do a map for you in the same style as the one you like - never know your luck in the big city!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Keep looking in the finished maps forums (and the WIP) forum as well. If you find something else you like don't be afraid to PM (once you have 5 posts) the author or leave a note in the thread itself asking them about providing a version without the labels.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Blog Entries

I cant do better than the map you have found. I can only point you at some of my free tools. There is an instant island generator:
    http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...nstant_islands

and a program which views these in 3D:
    http://www.viewing.ltd.uk/cgi-bin/vi...dragons_flight

and either allows you to save out an image so you can have flat green or shaded green. But if you wanted rocks, trees and so on then you would have to work it a bit.

Guild Journeyer

Ok How does this work for you? Here is an older unlabeled version of the first continent of my campaign setting... I call it Rhime and you can call it whatever you want. You can use it for you campaign but for once I am going to the whole :This Image is copyrighted by the Author, and maybe used for personal use only: Disclaimer for the only reason as this is an unlabeled part of MY campaign setting set to be released this fall under the Pathfinder compatibility license. So I have no problem with you using it for personal use. I am actually kinda interested to see your version of it in a few months to see how you and your players took it in different directions.

Note: Originally the north pole is at the bottom left, you can just make it a southern hemisphere map or use magic to make the lower left land so white, or something...

I Hope this works for you!

Name:	Rhime-unlabeled.jpg 
Views:	270 
Size:	883.5 KB 
ID:	14139  

That is beautiful, Lathorien! Thanks for sharing it with me; I'm pretty sure that will be the one I use. I will post up some progress the PC's have made if or once they do, although the campaign is up in the air right now, as it is just one of many options at our table.

Also, thanks for the tools Redrobes, but they unfortunately can't beat the detail of Lathorien's map.

I agree, that is a fantastic piece!

Was the landmass rendered in Wilbur?

Guild Journeyer

generated in FT, modded in Gimp, THEN Wilbur, then the main work back in GIMP

Figured I'd toss this up here for ya, was my first run at Ascension's tut. Made to be a relatively smallish island, so no real rivers mapped out on it.

Name:	map2.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	420.8 KB 
ID:	15280