Thread: [taken]-[paid]Map Request for Arabian Fantasy Setting

Guild Member

Post [taken]-[paid]Map Request for Arabian Fantasy Setting

Hello All,

My first post here, after stumbling upon this wonderful site. I am truly amazed at the quality of some the maps I have seen here.

That said, I have a map request. I would do it myself, but I simply do not have the time it takes to achieve the quality I need. Perhaps in the future I can tackle some of the tutorials and learn from other, more expert, hands.

Details:

-- Commission [please send me a PM to discuss rates]

-- Time Constraints [1 to 4 weeks]

-- Style [2 World Maps; 1 in color which can be used as background or detailed on a website, the other will be black and white for use in a novel]

-- Description of Map [I can attach a scan of a rough sketch of the map I had in mind, I can provide detailed information on the world, the scale of the map will be approximately 300 miles to the inch]

-- Quality and Size [professional looking, 1 for web/1 for print, 10" x 10" for web/divided into four pages for print, I retain copyright map for specific setting, artist will have the right to exhibit the image as part of his portfolio]

Imagine an Arabian Nights (early 14th Century) setting that combines elements of the popular video game Assassin's Creed, Dan Brown's book Angels and Demons, and the compelling film Syriana. Place the stunning backdrop in deserts of pure white gypsum sands, verdant oases and dazzling cities modeled after the modern Persian Gulf states (Emirates with Dubai in particular, Kuwait, Qatar and Bahrain). Sheiks and spies, the rich and poor, famous and infamous—each plays their key part in the vast and complex designs of the Sultan of Qatana, none realizing the true extent of the explosive impact their lives will have on the future.

I have completely rewritten a fantasy novel, taking it from standard proto-european setting to a more pseudo-arabian/desert setting. The deadline for the project has left me with not enough time to spend on the map, while my focus is aimed at the actual story.

I have a crude map drawn and can also provide background information on the setting. There will need to be a number of temporary, generic placeholders (cities, geographical locations) that can be replaced with the final names later.

As for the style, I am some in mind and can send you links or pdf with additional information.

I have a tight budget, but am willing to pay at least something for any work done.

Thanks in advance and I hope to hear from you soon!
    Last edited by vgunn; 07-30-2009 at 12:53 AM.

I think that I would be willing to do this work, but if I remember correctly you have to post a few more times to get and send PM's
    Something witty and pithy

Guild Member

I think the post count is 5, so I should be okay now.

The Forum is not letting me send you a PM. It says that:

"vgunn has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove vgunn from the recipient list and send the message again."

just an FYI
    Something witty and pithy

Guild Member

Should be good to go now!

Please let us know once you have found some one to do the map, vgunn.
    Last edited by RobA; 07-30-2009 at 07:01 AM.
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...