Thread: The Lost Chambers (Thanks for your Advice)

Map The Lost Chambers (Thanks for your Advice)

Well, after i post my maps i got a lot of advice from many of you, so i put some work in this one playing with the tricks you give to me.

The first two maps are the result of DD3 printed in PDF Creator, and the last two were modified in Paint Shop, i dont know how to use that software, just downloaded the trial version to see if it is worth to find a program to edit my maps after DD3 and play with the novice options.

1. The first one of each pair have lights effects on it, i dont actually like the result, i have to find how to solve some problems, here advice is welcome.

2. Text is awful on DD3, i will have to use other programs.

3. How in hell can i get a decent resolution in my prints, on small maps PDF Creator does a good job, but not in this one.

4. Mmm, as i was drawing i said myself (Im gonna ask this and that), and now i can remember all the stuff XD

There it is, i hear you XD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	The Lost Chambers CG Op.jpg 
Views:	288 
Size:	2.52 MB 
ID:	15356  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by zenram; 07-31-2009 at 08:26 PM. Reason: New version

Pretty cool, maybe add a wall texture around edges to separate the room space from the negative space?

Well, first off, check you options for the TEXT sheet Effects. Looks like it has a slight blur, which could be causing your issues.

Having never used PDF Creator, it could be a limitation of that software. Try Cute PDF and when printing choose tile printing to print it to multiple sheets maybe that might help your resolution.

Also, check under:

TOOLS -> OPTIONS

Then select BMP,JPEG, PNG button.

Even though the field in the upper left says BITMAP SIZE it affects Bitmaps, Jpegs and PNGS.

Good Luck
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Beautiful work

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Nice - my favorite is the first one, it seems to have the most 'atmosphere'.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Question New Changes

1. Thanks for your comments, in fact part of the resolution was an issue on the fill styles of the grass and the floors, i reduce the size of them and it gets a lot better.

2. However the print size is not as i would like so i just use the save as option of the DD3, the problem with that is that many times it dosent save the draw as it is, many times i get awfull results, like squared areas darker that the rest of the draw. (i tried with cute pdf and in fact it was better but not by much)

3. I augment the bevel of the walls and reduce the glows on the floor.

4. tfwoods3, do you mean like a frame?

5. I added the textures i use on the floor to the download as a zip, so you can use it if you like, i got that look by pie them up one over another.

7. Do you know the resolution for easy use with minis. (I mean print it for minis)

8. Special Thanks to NeonKnight, all your advice help me alot with this map, i use your Sunk effect and the floor advice XD

PD: The link is on the first post.

Looks Good!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave