Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A JPG is worth 1k words, but a map is worth 1k JPGs

Post A JPG is worth 1k words, but a map is worth 1k JPGs

Greetings all!

I'm a 33 year old unemployed electronic engineer in Indiana. Before my education in electronics I was a VideoGamer and a Roleplayer. My degree left me with no fullfillment in life. So in between interviews and temp stuff I play D&D with friends and try my hand at game design. You know, the standard "starving artist in the basement" business model. I played D&D for 20 years and creating worlds was fullfilling. Since imagination is free, I can fit plenty into my current budget. I look forward to being inspired and learning some essencial skills from the collective intelligence found here.

PS.

Will DM for food.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Welcome Aboard fellow Hoosier!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome Trebor. I am sure you will find lots of goodness here
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

You will also find a lot of indie developers here and who knows where that can lead to. Welcome and have fun.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Welcome welcome sir!

What edition of D&D do you play?

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Nice to know there is a fellow Hoosier here, sad I can't say I'll be at GenCon though. Perhaps, but doesn't look likely. As for what edition I play... Only a few hours of playing 1st ed; Years and years of 2nd ed on a daily basis on both sides of the DM screen; I kind of phased out of roleplaying when 3-3.5th ed came out, only a couple hundred hours with it but It's my favorite rule set I think; And now I am trying out 4th ed, It's fun but the rules are stiff some times. I keep wanting to "tap" my character sheet at the end of my turn Not to mention it feels more like buying booster decks than buying books. Seems like every month there is another book that's essential to play. But it is fun.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by trebor_quitman View Post
    Nice to know there is a fellow Hoosier here, sad I can't say I'll be at GenCon though. Perhaps, but doesn't look likely.
    Haven't been to GenCon since before it moved to Indianapolis. Maybe I'll get back there one of these days.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Welcome to the Guild!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Quote Originally Posted by Steel General View Post
    Welcome Aboard fellow Hoosier!
    Ditto. I was born and raised in Goshen. I went to college in Fort Wayne and then moved to Michigan to work for GM.

Welcome aboard.

Post I was born a hoosier...

I am not a loyal Hoosier, but I was born one...

My mom was staying with her in-laws, my grand parents in Marshall, Illinois which is right on the Wabash River between Illinois and Indiana. When my Mom went into labor, the drove to the hospital in the nearest big town, which was Terre Haute, Indiana (Union hospital) which is where I was born.

Been to Terra Haute a couple times since, but I consider myself an Illinoisian pretty much (even thought that's not quite true either - I didn't move to Illinois until I was seven years old.)

After birth, I spent my first three years in Alaska (where my parents were living at the time of my birth - and my sister's which occurred seven days after the Alaskan Earthquake in 1964 - I was there...)

Then I lived in Salt Lake City, Utah, for a year or so. I went to Kindergarten and half of first grade in Seattle, Washington, then the family moved to Illinois, where I've been pretty much since...

Sorry, you didn't want to hear a life's story, but I wanted it iterate my connection to Indiana... that's all.

Welcome to the site, Hoosier!

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast