Thread: A map Gamerprinter's Half-Finished maps

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip A map Gamerprinter's Half-Finished maps

This one's for that project where he can sell maps to people and let them label towns and roads and the area as a whole... It's actually a redo of this old map http://www.jkhfamily.org:8080/KnD/images/kndgeomap.jpg that was for a setting I'm blowing away and restarting (with the world map I did earlier)... based on what I've learned here.

If GP'll tell how much more he wants on the map, and what ppi he needs, I'll see about continuing (right now its 72ppi but that's because I started with a small image, I can blow it up and re do it fairly quickly to get something better)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qd.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	791.9 KB 
ID:	15354  
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Post 100-200 ppi

Quote Originally Posted by Notsonoble View Post
    This one's for that project where he can sell maps to people and let them label towns and roads and the area as a whole... It's actually a redo of this old map http://www.jkhfamily.org:8080/KnD/images/kndgeomap.jpg that was for a setting I'm blowing away and restarting (with the world map I did earlier)... based on what I've learned here.

If GP'll tell how much more he wants on the map, and what ppi he needs, I'll see about continuing (right now its 72ppi but that's because I started with a small image, I can blow it up and re do it fairly quickly to get something better)
    I'd say if you can get to 100 to 200 ppi, at final dimension size, which would be a minimum of 18" x 24", and anything larger up to 36" x 48"+ (whatever your computer can handle.)

Looking good, look forward to seeing town symbols and roads placed, just unlabeled is all.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

K, it was a really small file, so it'll be best to simply blow and restart, but that won't be hard... especially with all the practice I've gotten out of this particular shape... I'll probably "zoom out" just a tad as well, so that some of the land juts that are cropped aren't...

That said, it may sit until I've got free time at home then, the comp at home can handle the requested dimensions pretty well, but the work pc crashes gimp on anything that big that has more than just 2 or 3 layers (currently at 19)...
    Gimp Gradient Basics

yeah 3600x4800... Gimp crashes when I try to get started on the TLS stuff started... And that's on the home machine (XP 64, 4GB ram...) I can probably set gimps limits on ram usage up again, but I'd pretty much have to kill my background apps to do so...

I'll get it to ya, but it might take a while...
    Gimp Gradient Basics