Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: [Award Winner] Photoshop Town Tutorial

To begin, I want to say thank you Ascenscion for this awesome tut'!
    Besides being well done, it allows me to learn new very useful techniques!
    I had noticed this tutoriel months ago and today I decided to make a try. I am not disappointed!

However, the reason why I raised up this subject is that I meet a little problem at the 40 step.
    40. This part can be confusing for rookies. Ctrl+click on the River base copy layer in the layer stack. Click on the Paths tab (or open it if you have turned it off). At the bottom of the paths window click on “Make work path from selection”. Click on the Brush tool and then at the top of the screen click that little triangle to open the Brush Picker. Scroll down the list and pick the one called “Ornament 1” (it looks like a little wave or tilda). If you don't see this brush listed then load it via the Preset manager following the steps I showed you for loading up the patterns...but this time go to the Brushes folder instead of the Pattern folder. We need to modify this brush tip so open the Brushes window (Window > Brushes). Click on Brush Tip Shape and change the spacing to 100%. Click on Shape Dynamics and set the size jitter to 100%, angle jitter at 5% (set the control for this to Direction), and roundness jitter at 100%. Click on Scattering and set the Scatter to around 300 and the Count is 2. Make sure that white is the foreground color. Still on the Paths window, at the bottom, click on “Stroke path with brush”. When done, drag the path to the trash can at the bottom of the screen.

I didn't found the brush called "Ornament 1". It seems that I havn't this one on my presets folder.
    If someone could tell me where I could find this brush, it'd be kind (or if someone could share it via the forum ).
    >>>>>>>My finished maps!<<<<<<<

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

It's not all that important if you don't have that certain brush, you can always improvise or just do without. I guess various versions of Photoshop have some minor differences in what is included out of the box. If you're really wanting it then you could try to make your own brush using the tilde, new image, times new roman font, hit the tilde key, edit define brush preset.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Ok, I'll try by myself
    Thanks again for your advices!
    >>>>>>>My finished maps!<<<<<<<

hey ascension...

superb tut so far. However I have absolutely no clue what you mean by "Pick one end of the bridge and make a click near the end in the middle. " in step 81???? end or middle? Near the end in the middle? What middle?

Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ascension town wip copy.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	45739

I'm trying to make it through this one, but I think I must be screwing up somewhere. I just finished the river. Is this what it is supposed to look like? My point of reference is coyotemax's cruzamento map. He has a river and I seemed to have ended up with a muddy ditch. Any idea what I am doing wrong on this?

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678