Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: New Dawn of the West Satellite View

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

done and done.

i think this deserves a dip in the pool. Like i need an excuse.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Member

This is really fantastic stuff!

That is just simply amazing I love the font size distinction, do you follow any type of pattern with that? I think it is a good example of typography. Also, are the corner devices custom, or is there a place to get specialized ones like that?

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I used 2 different fonts on this one, Cataneo for the water features and mountains, and .. I forget the other off the top of my head. I used different sizes for different features, yes. Primary towns are a larger font size than the smaller towns, most of the Interesting Locales, forests, swamps etc used the same size throughout, just different colours to help differentiate them. But the land features got mixed and matched a bit to get the type to flow along the features.

The artistic embellishments are my own custom work, though there's a fair number of celtic clipart sources out there. There's a font that's good for this sort of thing too, I think it's called Celtic Borders.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

A note on the fonts; I found them to be just perfect and wonderful all around.

That said I tweaked... I am a chronic tweaker... but I learned a lot from this map and the choices you made.

A lot!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345