Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Help with tectonics

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Colored in brown, the black will be overpowering by the time you get to the end. But, of course, will have to wait and see.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Okay, it has officially been too long, but I finished the mountains on the first continent (and part of the second). I am now contemplating some lakes or maybe an inner sea or two... Political mapping is being done too ^___^ I'm not sure about the particularities of climate but at this point I decided to just look at Earth and assign it on the basis of 'hey this area looks like India'. What I'm mostly doing now is cultural worldbuilding (which I can't really show off here).

If anyone can give me advice on tree brushes that suit the style I'll be very grateful.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amikhail copy..png 
Views:	83 
Size:	3.92 MB 
ID:	23317  

I changed the mountain color and I'm working on a political map right now... I'm not sure what to do with the font. And does the water look better blue? And is this whole coloring different countries in different colors working? And am I spazzing too much? I like the font though, which probably means it's bad. Is it?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amikhail copy2..png 
Views:	65 
Size:	651.5 KB 
ID:	23343  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I've always wanted to try that font on something and they go pretty well with the line-style mountains...good stuff.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I more or less finished the physical geography... Maybe some lakes will make an appearance later... It still looks sparce and unfinished but I hope that would change when I add cities, ocean names, trade routes and other important things. What I have a problem with though, is the sort of blurry/non-neat look of some of the lines (mainly the tracing around the continents and rivers. I'll see if I can do something about it >_<.

The map itself is too big (even at 66% of original size) to upload here so I here is the link (it's ~6 mb, so be careful). I'd welcome any and all constructive criticism.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345