Thread: City of Aldarsford

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip City of Aldarsford

This is one of the cities from my World of Kesumi. It is a small city in the Free States.

The city itself is the heart of a small city state. It is an area that in the past had often been overrun in the constant wars of the Free States. About 80 years ago a wealthy merchant family saw the potential of this area and invested a great deal of money in building up the city and its defenses. Soon the land was able to fight off a couple of minor invasions. The realm is small, and has limited value, so the surrounding realms have never made a major attempt to take this land, but through the years it has become wealthier, so more eyes are looking this way.

The map is almost done. I have some more labeling to do and a map border, but the layout is complete. I should be able to finish this off with just a couple more hours.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aldarsford.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	707.4 KB 
ID:	15429  

Nice city map Landorl, I like that style, have some rep. It looks almost done, I'm curious to see what final touches you put on it. I hope you create and post more of your city maps.

That's a nice city you got there
    The colors are great (the deep blue of the river) as is the style. The layout of the city looks believable, with just one bridge, the better houses being near the river and all the buildings being pressed together.

I am indeed curious what finishing touches you are talking about... it looks done to me

Repped!

Some spelling errors I think:
    - "Dacing Pigmy Theater" should be "Dancing Pigmy Theater" ?
    - "Ampitheatre" should be "Amphitheatre" ?
    - "South Comons" should be "South Commons" ?
    - "Schol of Magery" should be "School of Magery" ?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Wow That's really awesome. I like the distribution of the houses.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

The city looks really good.

But... (there's always a but somewhere ) the text for your labels sometimes gets lost when it is directly over the b&w buildings.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

I put a little bit of a white outer glow on the letters. I will enhance that a little more, but I am trying not to cover over the buildings too terribly much.

I am working on a border and a few more labels, and then I will post it in the finished map area.

mmm the Thumbnail dont open

Quote Originally Posted by zenram View Post
    mmm the Thumbnail dont open
    It works fine for me though...
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...