Thread: Let's Try This Again

Guild Applicant

Post Let's Try This Again

Hello all! While I am not technically new (I joined in February), this will only be my second post, the first being my first hello when I joined. However, at the time I was swamped with a lot of things and didn't really have the time to do much map-making. Hopefully I can avoid taking a not-entirely-intended sabbatical like that again! My interest in map-making is mainly spurred on by my recently acquired role as a DM, although I also have just always loved maps for absolutely no reason. Everyone seems very friendly and helpful here, so I hope to enjoy getting to know everyone and having my work critiqued (and probably systematically dismantled)!

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Welcome back. Na, we won't rip ya apart, we're cool like dat. We follow more of a "we'll try to prod you this way n that until you develop your own style" kind of teaching. You've been around, you know. Hope you get the time to have the fun.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Stick around this time and welcome back to the Guild!

Welcome to the Guild!

Again
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

*quietly shuts the door to the newbie torture chamber*
    Nothing to see...please move along.

Oh, and Welcome Aboard (again )!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

*Quickly runs up next to Steel General to hide the hacksaw in this hand* Hah... ha... hi! Welcome back.

Guild Applicant

*Looks naively at sharp objects around room*... What, do you guys have like a bear infestation in here?

Welcome back....again. I actually just did the same thing. I joined over a year ago and then just got back. Hope you find the stuff you need to make some good maps as DM. Believe me, this place will not run out of ideas for you. Get ready for brain overload.

Just get some of the GIMP and Inkscape tutorials (others can work as well even though they were not done in them), you will get better every hour.

Hiatuses are all the rage these days. I have done a few of those here myself. Welcome back and I hope you keep coming back (even if there is a long pause between your visits).
    Something witty and pithy