Thread: City of Aldarsford

Map City of Aldarsford

This is the completed city of Aldarsford.

Background:
    Aldarsford is located in the Free States, a land that has no centralized government and is instead a series of small "City States". It is the heart of a small realm surrounded by three greater powers, and throughout its history, it was just one more prize in the battles of those three realms.

Just over 100 years ago, a wealthy merchant family saw that this land had great potential for prosperity if it could be stabilized. They immediately started pouring money into building up defenses and hiring an army. Within 30 years the land had grown much more stable, and had pushed back a couple of invasions.

Since that time, the land has slowly grown in wealth, and once more the larger nations are starting to look to this realm as a possible extension of their own lands. War is brewing again, but will Aldarsford have the strength to hold out against a full scale war?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aldarsford.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	727.7 KB 
ID:	15492  

Nice, im not a fan of the white houses but if is what you want... XD

My work is under CC licences, you can see wich one apply in the work itself, if there is no CC logo, you can assume is an: Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported licence

Need more rights, just mail me and we can chat about it.

I do like the white houses. Good job!
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

Guild Member Facebook Connected Ilwan's Avatar

I like the white houses aswell. Very clear and useful for a game. I would suggest that you make the color of the river more light blue. It is very intensive compared to the rest of the map. Great job

Congrats. Put me as a HUGE fane of White buildings. VERY Useful as an eyball quick view. It tells me WHERE a building is and ends, and is very clear.

The thing I don;t like (and this is just me), is the Noble estates all being 'beach front' property. Not sure how safe that would be with war brewing, especially the estates along the western part of the southern half of the city.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave