Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A map named 'hmmm'

Quote Originally Posted by altasilvapuer View Post
    ... not even always necessary to use paths ... steady hand and liberal use of the undo button ...
    Agreed, if I may add the wish that Photoshop would automatically update the stroke when the path is changed.

Now, if you do your painting in Photoshop, and your pathing in Illustrator ... problem solved.

Requiring a steady hand is my main problem right there.

This is the first time I actually tried this method of making sea lanes, I'd never even tried to figure out how the pen tool works until this past week when I got frustrated with trying to make them by hand.

From my limited experience though, adding another anchor point halfway if the path isn't looking how you want it to seems to do the trick for me.
    Alas, my website features music, not maps. I do have a portfolio of some other things, though.

The Map was beautiful in your first post and at the end, it's looking quite excellent! Well done.

I love the sea texture you've used and the overall colouring is spot on! I have a feeling my campaign maps may share some of the swatches.

The only thing I'm not keen on is the mountain range (but that's just looking for holes).
    The ongoing sketchpad - Craig's Sketchpad (NEW)
    Design and web services - CJ Productions
    All the latest at my personal blog - Craig John
    Photoshop Training Podcast - Graphic Basics (currently on hold)

Wow, very nice work.. A lot of practice to make such a design..

DMT

craggles: Thanks! The mountains were done a bit quickly and could use some more work, but I have to move to mapping something else.
    The sea texture is based on the one from pasis' "Rising up the mountains in Photoshop" tutorial.

DMT: Thankyoo.
    Alas, my website features music, not maps. I do have a portfolio of some other things, though.

Post good

Nice looking map. I really like the textures.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123