Thread: Hello

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

Post Hello

Hi I'm Scorpius,

I like maps. I always have. Especially old maps. I'm currently in Boston MA and between the colleges, libraries and museums we have some great maps. Come visit and bring us you're money!

Currently I'm developing maps for both my DnD games, as well as to help support the Runelords series.

Yes, I have gone from 3rd edition to 4th edition. No I do not intend to go back. No I do not intend to get rid of my 3rd edition books or let them go to waste. Everything that you like can be updated creatively! Currently, I'm making maps with pencil and paper primarily for DnD but I want to start using Gimp more, and hopefully polish things up so I can release them publicly for other people to use.

The Runelords, is a wonderful series of fantasy novels by David Farland. I run the wiki, at runelordswiki.com. While Dave loves geography and has made some really interesting places, his publisher apparently hates geography. The maps that come with his books are often poor, conflict with each other and sometimes the text itself. I have done some light map making for use in the wiki, as well as the roleplaying communities centered around the work. (if you like roleplaying in large fantasy worlds check out www.runelordsrp.com) However, I know the quality can be better and plan to up the with time considerably. The main map we have been using is. . .

So I'm here to learn primarily. But maybe eventually you'll get some good stuff out of me.

----------------------

Edited Web Address
    Last edited by Scorpius; 08-05-2009 at 03:22 PM.