This thread will follow my work in progress, as I map the nation of Bina. This will be my first of such threads.

Goal: To produce two final maps. One will be used on the Runelords Roleplaying board, www.runelordsrp.com. This map will include geography, as well as names and locations of key sites that are being used in the Roleplay.

The other map would be used on the runelords wiki, runelordswiki.com, and would not include any information created by fans for roleplay. Just geography and anything based off information in the books.

Software: Gimp

What I know to start: There is very little information in the books on this nation, and likely little to none to come from the books in the near future. We know it contains rice patties and vineyards. It's relatively small compared to other nations. It is a Penninsula on the south western part of a large continent.

It's only landlocked neighbor, Kartish, has jungles in its north where it connects to Bina. These jungles produce spices, rice, sugar cane, silk, gold, melons, and fruit.

It has been established through Roleplay, that there is some desert to the nation as well. If realistic I'd like to keep the same general geography, and therefore overall map, the same between the two final products.

Bina has been included in one map in the books. The maps in the books are inconsistent with the text and with each other. Neither the author nor I care for them. While I will use them as reference, I do not plan to follow it too closely. They do not contain reference to mountains, vegetation or rivers, only the coastline and political border.

The Plan:

1. Research terrain a little, as well as rice patties and vineyards, so I will know what kind of terrain I need in order to support them.
2. Decide what terrain elements are necessary and where they should be.
3. Following Roba's Tutorial slowly build the map.
4. Alter map/make pretty and overlay RP elements.