Thread: Hello Everyone

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Hello Everyone

Hi All,

I am a 35 year old software developer for a small company in Columbus, Ohio. I have also been a big gamer, since the days of Diablo 1 and Ultima Online when I was in college. It is what drove me to learn game development, which I do as a hobby.

I love fantasy and sci-fi, both areas I am highly passionate about. Since the days of temple of asphai on my commodore 64, to Diablo 1 in my college years, I have dreamed of creating my own fantasy world (and sci-fi one down the road). I am currently focusing on creating my Fantasy World of Arillian.

As such, I have decided to first flush out the lore of the world, before beginning any type of game development on it. I have decided to focus on the geography first, and went and bought Campaign Cartographer, and Dunjdinni. I also got a domain (www.ArillianMultiverse.com) which will house all the lore for Arillian. Its not hosted yet, but I am going to build an interactive viewer, for all the maps created, so you can drill down from world->continental-> governemnt/hotspot-> city/dungeon.

My first maps I posted on the CC3 forums for review:

CC3 Show and Tell Forum

Here are the thumbnails of what I have done so far:

World Map - Work In progress, only Krava has been filled out so far

Krava Continental Map

Corica - #1 on the Krava Continental Map

Kromgor - #14 on the Krava Continental Map

I am looking forward to future discussions and learning a lot from what the community has to offer
    Last edited by Skaryn; 08-06-2009 at 11:55 AM.