Thread: The Arconian Peninsula

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Wip The Arconian Peninsula

I'm putting my other map work on hold for a while so I can play with this. Those mountain & tree symbols that Vandy scanned from old maps are just fantastic, and I had to find an excuse to use them.

So this is a Italian-esque peninsula on the world of Terramunda, the setting for a book I'm in the planning stages of writing. A lot of the names will be recycled from my other maps (I tend to do that a lot). There's going to be scattered republics, duchies, counties etc on the peninsula itself, with a couple of large pseudo-French nations in the north. The jut of land sticking up from the south is the tip of the Ashkarene Empire, the baddies of the story.

What I'm going for here is a plain look, but with a lot of detail, if that makes sense. I'm not going to use natural looking features; instead, everything's going to be icons. And with StarRaven's symbol set working now, I finally will have some good city/town icons. I'm going for minimal use of color here; the most I'll have will probably be a faint stroke around the city icons and the text. I plan to overlay everything with a sepia/parchment-y filter.

Here's where I am so far; I'm especially happy with the way the rivers look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Arconia5a.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	589.9 KB 
ID:	15606