Thread: psp CITY MAP

Post psp CITY MAP

First posted attempt at city section using psp, used line tool to create buildings and building blocks. used opal island as inspiration for style, though mine is pretty fugly, anyways. Little about map: Futuristic city with eclectic variety of architecture, inhabited mostly by vampires and were-creatures found by vampires. needs improvement for sure, am i on the right track?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image001.png 
Views:	574 
Size:	253.3 KB 
ID:	16826  

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Street layout looks good, it's nice and organically "grown". Also good that you didn't make all the lots/buildings the same shape, but you may want to throw in some (edit: more*) alleys as well.

Other than that, I'll bow to those with more city-mapping xp than I have, but I'd say you're on the right track so far

Blog Entries

I repped ya cos, ok you say its not the worlds best city map, but its alright and there's plenty about it I like a lot. I just wanted to share some appreciation and say keep it up.

I use PSP too though an old version. For all the whizzy stuff it lacks I use other tools and stuff but I like the simple UI. In some ways I think as the version increases it loses that. I know one day ill move to gimp or something but Im ok to stick with it for a while. Its a pretty capable program and should have plenty in it to keep you going.

Cool stuff. City maps are hard.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

I think it's quite a good start, as RedRobes stated city maps are hard.

The program you use really isn't all that important. Sure, the expensive ones like Photoshop have all kinds of neat bells and whistles but I've seen some amazing maps here done with MS-Paint and even MS-Word.
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Post Thx

Thank you all for the responses and the rep.

Software Dev/Rep

I like the overall impression of a stained glass mosaic (my first impression anyway). Nice work.

Jill Saligoe-Simmel

Ortelius™ – Map Illustration Software