Thread: PICTURES: "Drained" Oceans Reveal Epic Landscapes

Post PICTURES: "Drained" Oceans Reveal Epic Landscapes

Cool, I just wish they would show a shot of: HERE WITH WATER and then WTHOUT
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

I think most of them would be fairly unimpressive because they don't break the ocean surface at all. The Monterey Canyon one, for example, has the coast of Monterey visible in the image, but I think that was the only one that had above-water visibility.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

I'm just gonna watch the 2 hour show on Nat Geo in about 15 minutes.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

I've seen it, but those idiots at NGC managed to switch the last part of the documentary out for some cheesy movie... So I missed the last part =_=

The landscapes where quite impressive though. If you want a look at 'without water' maps, try and look for geological maps depicting the world, or parts thereoff about 12.000 years ago. During the last Ice-age, the water levels where a good 100 meters lower. Imagine walking from the UK to mainland Europe (actually, the UK WAS mainland Europe, even though both names didn't exist yet ).