Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Dungeon Maps

Thanks for the comments and rep. Since you liked those I'll post another one that was done exclusively with CC2. Usually I use PSP to touch up my maps and make modifications, but not with this one. The entrance is down a pole through the hole in the ceiling of area 1. The spiral stairs (7) leads down to area 8. 11c is a large sarcophagus; everything else should be easy to figure out. This map and Dungeon 7 conform to the "One Page Dungeon" format (300'x300') for those familiar with it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5.png 
Views:	1136 
Size:	39.9 KB 
ID:	17263   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D5b.png 
Views:	265 
Size:	25.0 KB 
ID:	17264  
    Last edited by mrrkyl; 10-02-2009 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Room 18: alcoves should be labeled "a-d" in a clockwise manner. Monotype Corsiva is the font used.

I don't normally post maps that I plan to use in my games until they have been explored, but I wanted to give an example of a work in progress with notes that I hide in the finished versions. I intend to expand the map to the west of the large cavern with a dungeon complex but haven't decided on its size or number of levels.

Name:	D8a1.png 
Views:	303 
Size:	76.3 KB 
ID:	17340  

This is how the map looks after some minor PSP modifications (printer friendly & screen saver versions):

Name:	D8b1c1.png 
Views:	139 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	17341   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D8b1c2.png 
Views:	219 
Size:	64.4 KB 
ID:	17342  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Ascension's Avatar

Good stuff, I like your colors and your caverns seem quite natural and not man-made.
    If the radiance of a thousand suns was to burst at once into the sky, that would be like the splendor of the Mighty One...I am become Death, the Shatterer of worlds.
    -J. Robert Oppenheimer (father of the atom bomb) alluding to The Bhagavad Gita (Chapter 11, Verse 32)

My Maps ~ My Brushes ~ My Tutorials ~ My Challenge Maps

Glad to hear someone else likes my caverns; I used to be horrible at creating realistic caverns when I mapped with pen and paper despite the fact that I can draw fairly well.

Here is a map I wasn't going to share because I wasn't satisfied by the way it turned out, but since it is the second level of Map #3 (post #7) I decided to show it. The first map is the entire layout and the second is a closeup view of areas 33 & 34 with a partial symbol key.

Map #4 Notes:
    • The spiral stairs in area 13 (on map #3) goes down to area 1 on this map. Also, the light green pentagram in area 13 (Map #3) is a teleporter to area 45.
    • The areas are color coded by depth and the semi-transparent sections (33-34) are beneath the "normal" colored areas.
    • 56d is a gate that transports entrants to 57.
    • 23 a-d are luminescent "windows" similar in opacity to stained glass - these serve to illuminate areas 22 & 24.

Name:	D4d1S1a.png 
Views:	352 
Size:	332.8 KB 
ID:	17889   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D4da1-1.png 
Views:	154 
Size:	320.9 KB 
ID:	17890  

Post Dungeon 7

The following map I started at the beginning of the month and recently finished after starting a few other mapping projects.

Notes:
    • The ladder at 22b leads up to the diagonal passage.
    • Area 28 is 30' lower than the connecting areas and is filled with water and an assortment of flesh-eating critters. There is a rusting ladder at the east door.
    • A lower level can be accessed via the spiral stairs in area 33 or through the narrow door about half-way down the pit shaft in area 26.

Name:	D7a.png 
Views:	280 
Size:	215.7 KB 
ID:	17913   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D7ka.png 
Views:	127 
Size:	21.2 KB 
ID:	17914  

Post Dungeon #10

Latest map with and without labels:

(I have not posted Dungeon #9 because it is much larger and is not finished, yet.)

Name:	D10b2.png 
Views:	2272 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	18173   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D10a1a2.png 
Views:	859 
Size:	72.8 KB 
ID:	18174  

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I am really liking this map style .... Very cohesive colors that mesh well together.... Keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by mrrkyl View Post
    Latest map with and without labels:

(I have not posted Dungeon #9 because it is much larger and is not finished, yet.)
    You also seem to have skipped #8.

Quote Originally Posted by rdanhenry View Post
    You also seem to have skipped #8.
    Oh, oh! Someone's paying attention! Actually, I didn't skip #8; it is the large (unfinished) cavern map in post #12 & 13. I did add the dungeon extension to the left of the large cavern as planned but I haven't decided if I like it yet.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast